Lite On 48125w, pauses @ 2%

vbimport

Ok I have a liteon 48125w, original drive, I have flashed it to vs08. Now for the longest time I have been burning but I always have the same problem. With Nero the burning pauses @ 2% for like 10 minutes, with Roxio it pauses @ 5 - 7% for 10 minutes. I can use Clone CD and it burns straight through but if I try the cd on any other system it has some corrupt files. I have the newest ASPI layer. I have all the updates and patches for XP. I know how to use Clone CD, Nero, Roxio as I have for 2+ years. The thing I dont know is why, Why is it stopping? I have changed disk types 5 times, I have uninstalled items, reinstalled items, formatted and only installed Nero. Every time the same thing happens. I try slower burn speeds I try higher rated Media. If anyone can help please do.

Could be a crappy IDE cable

Originally posted by alexnoe
Could be a crappy IDE cable

thats what my 48246S does, but I get different calibration errors. Im gonna probably send it back to new egg soon

I have tried 2 other IDE cables, as well I have moved it from Secondary; Master to Secondary; Slave and to Primary; Slave and I get the same thing.

Have you tried Feurio! ? I never have problems with mine and that software and it seems like you tried all hardware fixes.

No I have not tried it but I am installing it right now. But if it works well that will only take care of audio CD issues, I will still have a problem with Data CD’s and burning Images.

Did you have this problem before you flashed the firmware ? I haven’t flashed mine but was getting ready to. Maybe I should leave it for now, Im getting some excellent recordings with Feurio! and my data cd’s created with Nero (updated) have no errors at all. You wouldn’t have had any Roxio products loaded on your system at any time? Ezcd and cddirect or whatever it is really conflicts with Nero.

I have went through verious tests:

Using 3 different media brands wih 3 different speeds

This was all done before I flashed the firmware:

I formatted my drive and then tried using NERO
---------Long Lead in Process

I reformatted my drive and then tried Roxio

I reformatted my drive and then installed the newest ASPI layer tried burning with NERO

I completely removed NERO by uninstalling and then restoring to Windows install and tried to burn with Roxio

I then flashed the newest firmware:

I reformatted my drive and tried NERO

I installed the newest ASPI layer and tried NERO

I completely removed NERO by uninstalling and then restoring to Windows install and tried to burn with Roxio

The only thing I can think of is it might be something with my IDE configuration here is what I have:

Primary; Master: Maxtor 30gig HD
Primary; Secondary: Maxtor 80gig HD
Secondary; Master: LiteOn 48125w CD-RW
Secondary; Slave: Sony DDU1621 DVD Drive

Maybe I should switch the Slave items around, could it be that both CD type drives being on the same IDE channel is causing iterference? I do make sure not to use the DVD drive while burning, but it still causes lead in issues… HELP

I hate to say reformat again but, Roxio is really hard to remove without reformatting, I would stay away from that. That said. I heven’t had the same issues but bad data cd’s. I moved my drives to, Maxtor 60gb on ide1 Master with os.48125w on ide2 master. Liteon dvd 166 slave on ide 1, Maxtor 40gb slave on ide 2. Did a clean install win2000 sp3, new drivers for soundcard audigy plat 1. Is your bios updated ?

Well I guess I will try to switch up my slave drives and see if that helps. I am not worried about roxio, I was the main tech where I worked for the XP update with Roxio. So I can uninstall it file by file in my sleep, so I know I wont have much of an issue there.

I think I will try:

Primary; Master: 30gig w/ OS
Primary; Slave: DVD drive

Secondary; Master: CD-RW
Secondary; Slave: 80gig

If that does not help I will try

Primary; Master: 30gig w/OS
Primary; Slave: CD-RW

Secondary; Master: DVD
Secondary; Slave: 80gig

And last

Primary; Master: 30gig w/OS
Primary; Slave: CD-RW

Secondary; Master: 80gig
Secondary; Slave: DVD

More than likely wont try

Secondary; Slave: CD-rw

Unless all else fails.

Ill keep you all updated.

cmswq3…i was lookinf gor a followup on your problem, i have the same one, and was looking for a solution. thanks in advance…

anvil

hey,

I have the same sort of problems, that is a sort of. Read my topic at http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67343
I tried everything you describe as well but nope untill now

Fixed it, I moved around some IDE spots

Now on Primary channel:
Master - C: hard drive
Slave - Liteon burner

Secondary channel
Master - DVD drive
Slave - D: hard drive

It seems to have fixed the problem, it only pauses on leadin for maybe 2 seconds.

I sent the old one to new egg (48246S) and they sent me a 52x w/ two day shipping. Works fine now :smiley:

Is DMA really activated ?
When it isn’t, burning freeze.

Goofy from France.:confused:

Hi,

I have the same problem with my new system. (P4 2.4 P4S8X mobo R300pro gfx).

The drive speed is very slow. Sometimes it records the same cd media and most of the time it dies gives me “wrong write state” error. I used FireBurner and it gave me “Power reset error”.

I have the latest updates etc (OS=WinXP) but no help.

My IDE settings were:
Primary; Master: Maxtor 80gig HD
Primary; Secondary: N/A
Secondary; Slave: LiteOn 48125w CD-RW
Secondary; Master: PIONEER DVD Drive

Changed to:
Primary; Master: Maxtor 80gig HD
Primary; Secondary: N/A
Secondary; Master: LiteOn 48125w CD-RW
Secondary; Slave: PIONEER DVD Drive

Still no help same problem. Very long long (like 15min) of lead in process…

Its very annoying!! I have to use my old 6x cd-r now… How sad is that.

Those IDE setups are identical.