Lite on 411s with FSOF flash...media

Well thought I would post some results for the junky Liteon 411s

K hypermedia dvd-r for general (1.0) works in my Stand alone DVD players…Apex 1100w and KLH 1220 but not in my xbox :frowning:

DVX DVD-R (2.0) works in my Stand alone DVD players…Apex 1100w and KLH 1220 but not in my xbox

Maxell DVD+R plays in my xbox and in the APEX 1100W but will not load in my KLH 1220 Stand alone DVD player. The Maxell DVD+R is showing up as RICOHJPN R02. HOPE

K hypermedia dvd-r for general (1.0) = Sounds cheap and low quality to me.

DVX DVD-R (2.0) = Also sounds cheap and low quality.

Maxell DVD+R = Are you sure that your KLH 1220 player supports DVD+R discs - have you been able to play other DVD+R discs with it?

I suggest you get som good media like TDK or verbatim :wink:

Had my 411s a few days. DVD+R, RW no problems in standalone Apex 1200. Other DVD player, an old Tatung TDW3200 coughs on all rewritable DVDs so far.

Instant problems with DVD-Rs. Flashed with FS0F, still had problems. First testing was with bargain Ritek DVD-Rs (the orange ones with the mountain scene background). Over 6 coasters. Got some Maxell “DR47” DVD-Rs and got one good burn out of 3.

With some hints from other threads on this forum, put an “80” ATA-100 cable on the secondary master IDE to the 411s, and unplugged + replugged with hard boots until the IDE properties finally showed UDMA2.

Now I’m getting good DVD-R burns with Sonic MyDVD and Intervideo DVD Copy.
Also did a photo slideshow with demo version of Honestech Photo DVD 2.0, on the orange crud media, then copied it to the Maxell DVD-R with DVD Copy.
Both play on the Apex 1200 (and PowerDVD on the PC).

Tech info:
Athlon 1.1 gig on Abit KT7A Raid motherboard.

Been burning CDRs a long time but quite new to DVDs. The 411s replaces a well-used LiteOn 40125.

Originally posted by OC-Freak
K hypermedia dvd-r for general (1.0) = Sounds cheap and low quality to me.

I suggest you get som good media like TDK or verbatim :wink:

The K-Hypermedia DVD-R “for general” discs I purchased a week ago ID as TDKG02. Not really impressed with the 411S (FS0F) + TDKG02 combination though…produced PI of 785 Max and 491 Avg. with K-Probe. PO was a respectable 9 max and 1.2 avg. Is this result acceptable?