Lite-On 401S

vbimport

My Lite-On 401S will not recognize Memorex DVD-RW’s even after upgrading firmware with DR4ES0K from Lite-On. Am I screwed and have to junk my 5Pak?

The 401S is a + drive, not a dual-format drive. -RW discs cannot be burned by the 401S.

Thanks for the feedback Code. I’ll stop trying to make it happen.

Originally posted by Roban
Thanks for the feedback Code. I’ll stop trying to make it happen.

Actually, I should probably let you know that there is another (somewhat involved & potentially dangerous) way around that…
leaves it at that

I also have this drive and still looking what dvd discs work wit this drive :confused: arita’s are no use:bow:

Originally posted by little devil
I also have this drive and still looking what dvd discs work wit this drive :confused: arita’s are no use:bow:

Have you tried updating to the latest firmware from LiteOn?

Aritas are of questionable quality, as these are B-grade discs. What other +R discs have you tried?

no I have only tried arita’s I have downloaded a new firmware but when you double click on it it says device not found :confused:

Originally posted by little devil
when you double click on it it says device not found :confused:

Hmm. That shouldn’t happen. Are you absolutely sure that the firmware that you got matches your drive’s model number?

If you are sure that the firmware you downloaded matches your drives model number and it still gives you that error, then you should “fix” the firmware you downloaded with FlashFix. A link to FlashFix could be found in the tools sticky at the top of the LiteOn forum.

cheers I will try flashing then and see if it helps;)