Lite-On 40125S Performance w/Max Payne

vbimport

I just made a bunch of coasters using this drive with the write speed set to MAX using CloneCD 4 beta 19. I used the settings from ClonyXXL. I was able to make a disc that windows could recognize as a real CD with my write speed set to 16X. The good thing is the backup works in other CD drives and I didn't need to use AWS. My question is why do I have to write with such a slow speed? I am guessing it may have to do with the media. I am using the black CD-Rs from Memorex. I as also using the latest posted firmware from liteonit's website- ZOA.

I hope that this is an isolated case with Max Payne and not the norm with SDv2.51

Any ideas?

Thanks

I tried those cdrs the other day and 16x certified, i could not even burn at that speed or 12x speed, clone cd kept sayin media error at about 23%
they suck:Z

I just saw those kind of CD-R’s (black) today for the first time. The reason can write regualr Cd-r’s up to 40x and CD-RW’s only up to around 12x is (partially) because the CDRW are darker and requires more light from your Writer. Im just puting out thoguhts here but: Maybe because the CD’s are black it reuires TONS of light to write and therefore must be set at low speeds. Like CD-RW’s. I have nevr used these black cd-r’s before.

(It may sound like I am smart, but I’m not. This reply isn’t worth much.)

Originally posted by Maltese
I just made a bunch of coasters using this drive with the write speed set to MAX using CloneCD 4 beta 19. I used the settings from ClonyXXL.
Why use Clony? Why not just use the Game CD profile? If you’re interested in tailoring the settings, look here. The writer’s chipset will deal with the media. Is your DMA enabled? Anything running in PIO Mode? Corectly cables? Read the sticky posts?

try a mitsui gold 32x certified. Report results…

That’s funny, I’ve been using branded Memorex media for years and not had more than the odd 1 or 2 failures. Mind you, I’ve not tried the BLACK ones before.

I know that there are some that are for audio use only, could it be that the black Memorex for audio use only?