no prob to flash the 401 to the 411.
great results with Nanya DVD-R 4x,Verbatim DVD+ u. - R,
Maxidisk DVD-R 4x,Ricoh DVD+R 4x.

Originally posted by konsolen
yes its done!
no prob to flash the 401 to the 411.
great results with Nanya DVD-R 4x,Verbatim DVD+ u. - R,
Maxidisk DVD-R 4x,Ricoh DVD+R 4x.

I’ve heard that any 401S manufactured prior to September 2003 is capable of doing this, I had a Lite-On branded 401S that was made in August 2003 and it crapped out on me less than a month after purchasing it, I then went and replaced it with what I thought was a totally different brand (BusLink), get it home, get everything installed correctly, and when I check, it’s actually another Lite-On 401S also manufactured in August 2003.

I tried the simple way of using the new 411S *.exe firmware which didn’t allow the convertion, so if anyone can PM me or email me the proper steps (and links to if needed) the proper tools/firmware I will need to perform this action.

I know that I am taking things into my hands and voiding the warranty, but I’m aware and ok with this. :confused:

Originally posted by wbrooke
I know that I am taking things into my hands and voiding the warranty, but I’m aware and ok with this. :confused:

DVD -R/-RW is a technology that is royalty based. The 401s is not -R/-RW compatible only because Lite-On didn’t pay royalties to DVD-R consortium. So by converting your drive to a dual drive, your breaking the law. In my opinion, it’s much more than voiding your warranty :wink:

Should I add that thread about 401->411 converting is not allowed at the moment (read the sticky threads).

Fredsky

Let’s not start over again with this.

Read the sticky thread on the top of this forum and you’ll see that we do not allow discussion of this.

If it was only warranty that was the problem than we would not had anything against it…but there is more…read the sticky…

Thread closed.