Lite-on 32125W and copying F1 2002

vbimport

Hi,

does anyone know if my burner is capable doing 1:1 copies of all games? I copied the F1 2002 (EA GAME) but why do I need the Hide CD-R media enabled? Original game works fine but the copy does not if hide cd-r media is disabled? Can't I make 1:1 copies or what is the problem?

Originally posted by Hannu
[B]Hi,

does anyone know if my burner is capable doing 1:1 copies of all games? I copied the F1 2002 (EA GAME) but why do I need the Hide CD-R media enabled? Original game works fine but the copy does not if hide cd-r media is disabled? Can’t I make 1:1 copies or what is the problem? [/B]

This has nothing to do with your writer. cd-r have another ATIP than pressed cds. The copy protection checks what kind of disc is used for the program. If it is a cd-r the program won’t work. That’s why you have to hide that it is a cd-r. Further information can be found by using the search.

So it’s not possible copy that -> have to hide cdr media always?

Originally posted by Hannu
So it’s not possible copy that -> have to hide cdr media always?

Your copy will work fine without hide cd media if you play it from an ordinary cd/dvd rom. However, if you want to run the game from a writer you’ll need to use hide cd media because of the atip check.