Lite on 24102b

i have a liteon 24102b with firmware 5s07/i think it had 5s54 when i bought it / what firmware can i go up to / and does anyone know where to see what firmware iam on in windows xp?

5S5A is the latest, get it over at LiteOn.
Use Nero InfoTool or Nero or any burning program to see firmware revision (or look at the POST screen)

is it o.k to flash a older liteon with a new firmware/i think i can remember you can only use certain firmwares /depends what firmware it came with?

running firmware 5s07 at the moment

can i flash with 5s5a from 5s54(original firmware)

Yes.

if it goes wrong can i flash back to s507?

and where can you get it from as the liteon site says you cannot flash back?

You can do it in DOS with mtkflash. Or you can modify the windows flasher.

well my drive shipped to me with 5s54 firmware (made in december 2001) and i “cant” flash to anything ealier than that!!! i only can go newer or other wise it dont work and green light always stays on which basically means it did not work.

good luck

Originally posted by NBR

well my drive shipped to me with 5s54 firmware (made in december 2001) and i “cant” flash to anything ealier than that!!! i only can go newer or other wise it dont work and green light always stays on which basically means it did not work.

:confused: —>

Originally posted by dhc014

You can do it in DOS with mtkflash

:wink:

Originally posted by BoSkin
[B]
:confused: —>

:wink: [/B]

But what is the best firmware for this drive?

Since I don’t own this drive my suggestion for you is to click on the link and investigate it on your own -->
[COLOR=darkblue]LiteOn 24102B AND 5S5A

Otherwise, here’s [/COLOR] 5S5A

I don’t think that many companies are in the habit of releasing worse quality firmwares with newer versions. Go with 5S5A, and if you have some kind of problem you can flash back.

Originally posted by dhc014

I don’t think that many companies are in the habit of releasing worse quality firmwares with newer versions. Go with 5S5A, and if you have some kind of problem you can flash back.
Fully agree with that . But I thought some reading wouldn’t bother till he makes up his mind.