Lite-On 20a4p $19.99 shipped @ Newegg

vbimport

Dropped to $19.99 with free shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106228

Yo-

I have both the 20A4P and the 20A4N - both are excellent readers/rippers and quality testing drives-

This is an outstanding drive for the money-eh!!

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2027472]I have both the 20A4P and the 20A4N…[/QUOTE]

A4N?! Don’t you mean A4H? :confused:

I have way too many DVD Burners already but, so…cheap…:eek: jitters

Thanks for the heads up. Just placed my order. Can’t hurt to have a few spares at that price. :bow::bow::bow:

Soon they will be paying you to take them, this is really cheap for a desent burner, with free shipping, everyone should have a spare LOL.:wink:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2027629]Soon they will be paying you to take them, this is really cheap for a desent burner, with free shipping, everyone should have a spare LOL.;)[/QUOTE]

Agreed about the spare. Their 2-year replacement plan is $19.99. Instead, you can just get a second burner. That’ll be your insurance.

Damn, I already have 2, and they are a decent burner,ripper and scanner. I reccomend this drive it is a good one.

PRICE NOW $22.99 :-(.
I placed my order for 5 more this morning at 19.95:-)
I’ve got 21 in house in two duplicator towers, so far working great.
I’ve got 40 SHW-160P6S’s in 4 more towers and they’ve been solid.
These drives look to continue the tradition

WOW!! That is our Newegg! Prices changing constantly. Still a very good buy! :iagree::clap:

[QUOTE=BunkerMeister;2027691]
I’ve got 40 SHW-160P6S’s in 4 more towers and they’ve been solid.[/QUOTE]

[Dreaming mode] Those came out in early 2006, right around the time of the BenQ DW1655. I would’ve gotten 40 of those. Or 40 of the 1640 if they were still widely available. drools [/Dm]

[QUOTE=negritude;2027480]A4N?! Don’t you mean A4H? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Yo nergritude-

Fat finger typo - my bad-eh!! :eek:

(still very good reader/ripper and quality testing burner-eh)

Now $23.99, still free shipping.

Bought one anyways as a spare.

CLGerow

I just thought I would keep this thread going in order to track the price of this unit.

Right now, it’s $23.99 again with free shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106228

What’s the difference between the unit advertised:

“Model DH-20A4P-04”

and those that have an 08 or 12 extension. The one I have is Model
DH-20A4P-04C. I’ve seen other posts that refer to 08C or 12C models. Does it mean a later manufacturing date, different chipset, different laser diode or some other thing?

04 is just the bare drive (OEM) with no software or mounting screws
08 is retail drive in a “Lite-On” box with software and mounting screws
not sure about 12

Very nice drive I have 2

[QUOTE=WiltonParmenter;2061304]I just thought I would keep this thread going in order to track the price of this unit.[/QUOTE]

To be honest, it would be better to create a new thread if you thought it was a great deal. Bumping an old thread with an outdated price is just confusing.

Has anyone gotten an “S” model from Newegg on the OEM? Mine is “A” and I’d like to get an “S” at some point.

You’re probably right, but because the current price wasn’t the kind of bargain exemplified by the title of this thread, I didn’t think it was worth the effort. It actually might be a good idea to have a sub-forum here of price tracker threads that are strictly for latest price links. It would certainly decrease the number of new threads, and a user should know they just have to start from the last post. Search engines such as Pricegrabber and Nextag often don’t recognize online retailers with the lowest price. Probably the one that usually has the best prices is Pricewatch.com. Many of the retailers they list with the lowest prices aren’t the usual four star ones like Newegg or Amazon. I’ve gotten some excellent buys using Pricewatch, though and they have their own vendor rating system.

[QUOTE=WiltonParmenter;2061483]Search engines such as Pricegrabber and Nextag often don’t recognize online retailers with the lowest price. Probably the one that usually has the best prices is Pricewatch.com. Many of the retailers they list with the lowest prices aren’t the usual four star ones like Newegg or Amazon. I’ve gotten some excellent buys using Pricewatch, though and they have their own vendor rating system.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I’ve run across Pricewatch via Google searchs by accident, but never used them specifically. Thanks for the tip. And you’re right, PriceGrabber is wholly inadequate, because it leaves out so many vendors.

It must be admitted though that in general, for things like burners, it’s hard to beat NewEgg when they have free shipping. Add to that the replacement policy and their customer service, and I think that’s why folks don’t look too far beyond them. Plus, a lot of the vendors I see on Pricewatch are not ones I would really trust, especially for OEM stuff. If it’s sealed in a box, then it doesn’t matter, but for bare OEM, people get a little more cautious.