Lite-On 20A1L and audio CDs

:a Hi,

My 2001 Honda Accord EX’s CD Player will not recognize Verbatim MIT Audio CDs burned in my Lite-On 20A1L! It will recognize and Taiyo Yuden Audio CDs.

Verbatim MIT Audio CDs burned in my BENQ 1655 will play in my Honda CD player.

I am using iTunes 7.6 to burn the audio cds. What is going on?

I am planning to build a new computer using a new Lite-On 20A1L burner soon.

Thanks
NBK

Try lower speeds like 16x, 24x and 32x

[QUOTE=Wischmop;1988115]Try lower speeds like 16x, 24x and 32x[/QUOTE]

Thanks for responding,

I had iTunes set for 32x, so i will lower to 16x and try again with the LIte-On.

NBK

[QUOTE=Wischmop;1988115]Try lower speeds like 16x, 24x and 32x[/QUOTE]

16x would not work either…I am going to try 48x!

NBK

:aHi all

48x would not work either…

Any other ideas

Thanks
NBK

I have a LiteOn 20A1H and I have the same problem with some players and media, so the only way is to use another burner to burn the Verbatim discs.

[QUOTE=juancdg;1988154]I have a LiteOn 20A1H and I have the same problem with some players and media, so the only way is to use another burner to burn the Verbatim discs.[/QUOTE]

I agree juancdg,

I was getting ready to test my Lite-On 20A1H…

I also have a Lite-On 20A1H…I am going give away my stash of Verbatim CD-Rs or buy new drives or buy Taiyo Yuden CD-Rs.

I still need a brand for ‘throw away’ discs???

Thanks
NBK

Hi guys, sorry for being late to report this. The Lite-ON A1/A4 series is reported have bug when burning CD. The CD burned by those drives will have very high jitter (up to 25% avg, 30% max) with Ritek CD-R and caused difficulty to read by some players. Jitter is about 13%-15% avg on TY/Verbatim CD-R.

I haven’t tested it myself so I didn’t report it without evidence, but people at CDBest had did enough tests to ensure this bug.

[quote=Skylon;1988253]Hi guys, sorry for being late to report this. The Lite-ON A1/A4 series is reported have bug when burning CD. The CD burned by those drives will have very high jitter [B](up to 25% avg, 30% max)[/B] with Ritek CD-R and caused difficulty to read by some players. Jitter is about [B]13%-15% avg[/B] on TY/Verbatim CD-R.[/quote]I can definitely confirm that for a 20A1S I bought recently. Jitter is unacceptable for all the CD-Rs I’ve tested including some that my Pioneer loves.

It’s been a long time since I have relied on a Lite-On burner for CDs, but thought I’d check out that capability on my new Litey. Terrible! But it does such a good job on DVDs that I can forgive one shortcoming. :flower:

:aHi

Is there any brand of cheap CD-Rs, i can use besides Taiyo Yuden that i can use as ‘throw away’ audio CDs?

I have a computer that has a sole Lite-On LH-20A1H burner that i plan to sell. I would hate to have to throw away good money by replacing the Lite-On!

Thanks
:aNBK:a

Hi NBK, can you post a scan with your BenQ? Just to see if jitter is high as Skylon said.

DW1800@DW2000 9B3E FBL EOS EOHT
Verbatim branded Taiyo Yuden CD-R (97m24s01f)
Burned at 16X
Scanned at 24X

Bug confirmed

Verbatim branded CMC Magnetics
burned at 12x in iTunes 7.6
scanned at 24x in BENQ 1655 BCIB

Skylon’s jitter is very high and surely can cause reading problems while in my opinion yours is normal for that disc (CMC isn’t the best choice for CDs). Jitter is a bit high at the end but not so high.
Have you tried to burn a disc with another sotware?

[QUOTE=mognegna;1988620]Skylon’s jitter is very high and surely can cause reading problems while in my opinion yours is normal for that disc (CMC isn’t the best choice for CDs). Jitter is a bit high at the end but not so high.
Have you tried to burn a disc with another sotware?[/QUOTE]

Hi mognegna,

I burned at 16x an audio CD with Nero Burning Rom 6.6.x in my Lite-On 20A1L-06 and it would not play in my car’s CD Player:a

NBK

[QUOTE=NBK;1988709]Hi mognegna,

I burned at 16x an audio CD with Nero Burning Rom 6.6.x in my Lite-On 20A1L-06 and it would not play in my car’s CD Player:a

NBK[/QUOTE]

Mmmm, sorry but I haven’t other suggestions. Wait for next firmware upgrade, if there will be, and hope that LiteOn finds the solution. Many other members have this problem. You also hope that Wind reads this thread. :slight_smile:

Verbatim branded CMC Magnetics MIT
burned at 16x with Nero Burning Rom 6.6.x in Lite-On 20A1L
scanned at 24x

Oh, in this case jitter is very high! :eek:

It’s been a long time that I not burn a CD in the LiteON. Here are my results:

Imation Branded CMC Magnetics
Burned at 16X with EAC 0.95 in LiteOn LH-20A1H
Scanned at 24X

Jitter is not too high. I wonder why?

Well, I burned again with the LiteOn and my LG to compare the jitter using Princo CD-R media. The Lite-On now shows high jitter.

Burned with Lite-On LH-20A1H (LL0C) @ 16x :

Burned with LG GSA-H62N (CL01) @ 8x :