Lite-on 1673s

vbimport

I recently purchased a sony dw 26a and cross flashed it to a lite-on 1673s and so far I’m happy except I don’t have a clue what I should use for media. I’m to afraid of the price but don’t want to throw away money either if there is a media that is fine but cheaper. I’m afraid of to many fakes out for good media.

My old burner is a DVR 105 and any media would burn without a problem but I’m finding the lite-on is ALOT more fussy.

Almost any burner in existence will do well with Taiyo Yuden DVD+R media.

Is that the same with Taiyo Yuden DVD-R? Also, I’ve been reading up on Taiyo Yuden and the fakes, is there a good site you know of to ensure they are not fakes? I’m also looking for some other media that might be alittle cheaper with not much of a lose in quality but if that can’t be done, I have no problem with taiyo yuden :slight_smile:

I have seen the +R excel across many burners. The -R is also very good but a bit more burner dependent than the +R mainly because a lot of burners simply do better with +R than -R media.
A good site to insure you do not get fake media is rima. You can also get it retail by buying FujiFilm brand (made in japan).

thanks for your help, I ordered the TY -r I’ll post how they work for me when I get them.

Hello fellow frisbee friers!
I have recently purchased a sony DW-26a and can’t get it to complete a DVD with -RW media. “cheap -RW media” can the cross flash to the liteon 1573, 1693 help with these issues?
I have the bin file but couldn’t find the flash util.
The burner writes the disk to near completion and then fails.
XP pro
P4 3.0E
Abit board
1.5 GB ram
Thanks!
If you have an answer please send an email to sly1@secure57.us