Lite-on 1653S Experience, Quality and Firmwares

vbimport

I have burned some DVDs with my new Lite-on SOHW 1653S. I tested them with KProbe and got results you can see in the attachments.

I have used two Verbatim and two Traxdata discs @ 8X.

Please use this thread to post experience with media, quality and firmwares you had with this drive.

Erm, your results say: Model 1213S TSD1?!

Did you crossflash it like that or just post the wrong results, since this doesn’t look like 1653S. :wink:

Just a couple of question…do you have 2 drives? A 1213 and a 1653 ?
If not…where did U scan those disks? And what fw did you use for burning?

A.

This thread is a good place to answer two quesions.

1. What is the best firmware for our xx3s burners?
  2. What is the maximum recommended burn speed for plus and minus?

I also posted this in another thread, but I think it is a good idea to repeat it.

When do we have a good burn?
Our guru, OC-Freak, gave us a very good definition of a good burn, based on ECMA 267 Standard for DVD-ROM, the ECMA 337 Standard for DVD+R/RW and the ECMA 338 Standard for DVD-R/RW. I can recommend you to read his thread http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=80545.

In short it says:

“Use this as a guideline for good discs:

• PI (Parity Inner): No larger areas on the disc should exceed 280 PI errors, do not worry too much about high single spikes that exceeds 280.
  • PIF: No larger areas on the disc should exceed 4 PIF (actually PI uncorrectable) errors, do not worry too much about high single spikes that exceeds 4."

So gentlemen, I think it is time to start this weekend our burn engines again and share the results so that we can say, based on the definition above:

1. What is the best firmware for our xx3s burners?
  2. What is the maximum recommended burn speed for plus and minus?

Mehdinh, I forgot to say: welcome to the show!

Also it is good to know that we scan our discs with Kprobe at 4 X.
Your reading speed is @ max. It may give worser results.

Maybe after you’ve read thur some details info about how to scan,
you may try to post your good scan result here. Thanks…!

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=122980

I’m sorry, I didn’t mention: I have burned them on LiteOn SOHW 1653S - Firmware CS02, but tested with KProbe on another machine with 1213S. I did not applied any new firmwares. I will test again @ 4X.

I had the same problem with mt 1633S (tested with latest original fw and cf fw CS0C of 1653)

The problem it’s always the same.
With Nero 6.6.0.6 at 100% of cdwriting the program stucked.

After changin the first unit (that didn’t recognize cd media), I tested it with a second unit and I found the problem.

In my configuration the problem it’s: NERO !!!

I tested the same hw cfg with CD Burner Xp Se 3.0 and it works fine.

Stupid Nero !!!