Lite-On 1653S DVD+RW Problem

vbimport

well i brought my Lite-On dvd Writer this christmass as my personal gift ^^. now when i get back home. i plug it in and start burning dvds. now heres my problem. when i burn dvd/cd. the cd write indicator is suppose to be red. but mine does this weird blinking green when burning. now when burning is finished, the data on the disk is not readable in any type of readers. i looked for a firmwire upgrade on this site and flashed my dvd burner. but the problem still there. im using nero 6 then nero x (comes with the burner) then an upgrade ver od nero 6 (nero 6.6.0.3) but nothing happens. is there any way to fix this or is it that my burner is defective? i just bring my dvd rw to the shop i brought into. ( ofcourse a did a reverse patchup on the unit eg. reflash back to the original state.) if my burner tests and writes succesfully, is there any problem on my system? OS? or even ide cables/controllers?

and also. i use nero cdspeed test to test my writed dvds.

First, welcome to the forum.

The 1653s blinks green when writing, so that’s quite normal.

What’s the brand and dye type off the disk you have been using.

The latest firmware for 1653s is CS09.

DVD+RW can be off low quality, and causing the problem.

whahow! thanks!
Oh? its that normal? BTW im using DVD-R disk (i dont know the brand but my friend suggested this cd’s to me) and i have some dvd-r burned by my friend using Lite-ons 8x dvd writers. and also i saw him burning dvds in red LED. so im confused coz when im writing a disk (cd/dvd) and verified it, there always an error on the burned disk. and just keep blinking in green. is there any other way to fix this?

PS. where could i find a crossflashed 48246S@52246S? i search it but i couldnt find it.

Older LiteON drives used to have the led blink red while writing. Newer models just use the green led. It’s a bit stupid but it’s the way it is.

Go to this site, download and install the “DVD Identifier” program. After that use it to identify the type of discs you are trying to burn. When posting the information what you need to supply is the “manufacturer name”, “manufacturer ID”, “media type ID” and product revision". Let us also know the brand of those discs, that is, what is printed on the disc itself and/or packaging.

By the way, if you have a 1653 drive, chances are you have an old firmware and from what I could gather here, those initial firmwares were crap (as is normal with LiteON, it appears). You might wish to try the latest firmware and see if things improve.

ei i have a new problem! shish! :a when im burning full length of a dvd, i got this error: Verification failed. Could not read [Filename].avi.

and also… here is my specs of my dvd burner:

Nero CD Speed Test results

Nero Log File.
General Information
Drive: LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1653S
Firmware: CS09
Disc: DVD-R (FORNEX101)
Selected speed: Maximum
PI errors
Maximum: 1105
Average: 362.70
Total: 5377721
PI failures
Maximum: 166
Average: 21.66
Total: 866464
PO failures: n/a
Jitter: n/a
Scanning statistics
Number of samples: 117606
Average scanning interval: 1.15 ECC
Glitches removed: 20

if there is someone that could translate this thing. pls translate it for me… :bow: hehehe i dont know if this thing is ok or not. and is my dvd meduim is ok to use? i realy dont know why i have always get an error when i finished burning. what program do i have to use? im using Nero 6 only, i tried 6.6.0.3 Update last time but my i dont get any good results.

I realy need Help around here! thanks!!

i aso upgraded nero to6603 en sometimes i get the same message ,when i burn a data dvd ,Verification failed [ only if the check function is enabelt]
than i scan the same disc with nero cdcheck and there are no errors and al files are readebel :eek:

i think nero is the problem

i know that this is an off topic noob question :bigsmile: , but someone please tell me that the book typing thing only applys to DVD+R and not DVD-R

i aso upgraded nero to6603 en sometimes i get the same message ,when i burn a data dvd ,Verification failed [ only if the check function is enabelt]
than i scan the same disc with nero cdcheck and there are no errors and al files are readebel

i think nero is the problem

Do u realy think so? im using fornex DVD-R disk and i always get an error when i verify and cd check my disk. i wasted tons of dvds just to try & error to find some sort of solution (if there is any) but the result still the same. and about the multisession thing, i always having an error when this thing is enabled.

even i use dvd copy, the copied dvd always has a glitch. if nero is the problem, is there any other software to support my DVD burner. my friend told me that the winxp sp2 is the prob so i change it back to sp 1 then update the bugfix patch. but nothing happend. darn. i need to compile all videos on my disk coz its failing rappidly… darn!!

Here is my other Log file of my nero verification that failed a writing.

and about bitsetting, what the hell is this? does it help my dvd to burn properly?

what i mean is that when i got the message verify failed from nero most of the times the +R and +RW are readebel [in windows]
when i copie the data to my hard drive there is also no problem

the old nero 5,5 that i used before give me less verify problems with the same dvd,s [most of al +rw]

i hope that, s the same problem that eventually is not a problem

ahuh… so ur using nero 5.5 and did not give u any headaches? i realy cant get use to it!! , i only burn a SINGLE DVD w/o any verifing problems. but when i burn another dvd with same medium, a verification failed accurs. is there a problem regading the meduim i use? have you also tried to use Fernex101 DVD-R 4.7gb? and is there any dvd-r that is capable to my burner? darn!!! i realy need to backup my files!!

and one more thing? can i flash my burner from 16353S to 832S? coz my friend uses that type but didnt give him any burning problems. what do you think? heheheh

i red your message
when you cannot copy the burned the disk back to your harddrive than probely the message in nero is just and you have a realy bad burn in my case the message is not just

personally i dont use the multisession dvd burn option in nero

my advise is

try the search function of this forum for your burner \ firmware\ media perhabs you can find something to improve your burns

i have worked on that out. ive just upgrade my firmwire form cs02 to cs09. then i have tweak it back to cs07 coz there is no bin file for cs09 nor an exe file that can be edited tru omnipatcher. then i start to burn using a mod cs07 but there is no good results. i have flash it back to cs09 and i have burn one successful disk. i use to burn cds and it went well. but i dont need cd’s anymore. thats why i bought a dvd burner to burn dvds.
i need your opinion (all of u folks out there) on how to fix, tweak, mod and what kind of media i must use for this dvd burner. (i know Liteons can burn any type of mediums w/o any drawbacks but why this thing happening to me??)

CS09 is available at the codeguys site.

where? i search it and found a cs09 flash file by Liteon. i use omnipatcher to crack thit but it seems it doesnt support the exe file. i also found out that my medium can be written in 1x 2x 4x but in nero, i can only write at 4x flat.

You don’t need omnipatcher. Because your drive is a 1653S, you just have to use the native file you have downloaded from liteon.

Just flash your drive with cs09.

And I suggest you use DVD+R for 1653S.

Aki21 posted:

General Information
Drive: LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1653S
Firmware: CS09

i have done it over and over again. but nothing change. even for a bit.

http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares.html

jvb posted:

You don’t need omnipatcher. Because your drive is a 1653S, you just have to use the native file you have downloaded from liteon.

Just flash your drive with cs09.

And I suggest you use DVD+R for 1653S.

ok… u say i have to use DVD+R for my 1653S? im confused. what diference it take when i use DVD-R instead of DVD+R?

Use better media, than DVD-R (FORNEX101) .

Get some quallity media.

My experience with my 1633S:

Verbatim DVD-R 4x Fine result MCC01RG20
Verbatim DVD+R 8x Fine result. MCC03
Infinity DVD+R 8x Fine result CMC MAG E01

Avoid all low class media.

You get the quality you are paying for.

whaa i miss typed ur name! awheheh sorry. well ur right, but fornex says that this thing is a high quality. did they faked it so they can be sold here?

Out topic question:
can i xflash my 48246S cd writer to a 52246S type?