List of run commands, winXP

does anyone know where i can geta list of ‘run’ commands for win XP pro - ones i have found particularily useful (given on these fora) dxdiag + msinfo32.exe but how do you guys find them out ?

most of them are old utilities

msconfig
cmd

and on and on…

for the most comprehensive list, try C:\WINDOWS\system32

:wink: - i’ll google and find you a real list later, but msconfig is my fav

Originally posted by ckin2001
[B]

:wink: - i’ll google and find you a real list later, but msconfig is my fav [/B]

What about regedit?

i keep so few programs installed anymore - the only registry entries are the ones windows creates, and the 3 or 4 games and burning utilities that i resignedly use windows xp so that i can have access to them. sigh

sorry i forgot regedit :wink:

everyone knows regedit surely … in fact i first used regedit only a month ago for the nero tip, but know it existed

There’s another command, I forgot it… it was something like msxxxx.xxx (no standard extension) that’s in XP only and gives you access to certain configurations about users and groups etc.

I never used it, read it somewhere… maybe somebody has a clue what I am talking about?

Originally posted by Dee-ehn
[B]There’s another command, I forgot it… it was something like msxxxx.xxx (no standard extension) that’s in XP only and gives you access to certain configurations about users and groups etc.

I never used it, read it somewhere… maybe somebody has a clue what I am talking about? [/B]

Would that be gpedit.msc , theres some good stuff in there :slight_smile:

Originally posted by portmac
[B]

Would that be gpedit.msc , theres some good stuff in there :slight_smile: [/B]

Yep that’s the one I was thinking about :slight_smile:

osuninst :bigsmile:

ping, fc and expand but from comand promt so i can se the result.

Gee, I wonder what that one does…CLICK!

Non System Disk
or Disk Error…
Contact Donald Duck.

Command-line reference A-Z
But it seems Bill has left some commands out of the list.

he probably has

http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/windowstips/story/0,24330,3364544,00.html

already listed then :frowning:

compmgmt.msc /s

On your computer are the commands you are looking for. Open the command prompt and type in help then hit enter and your prayers will be answered and Your Welcome ahead of time. LOL! No problem helping out when I can. Was looking at the internet postings on another site and found more links to this problem than I can say I liked to see so you are #?? on my enlightening trip.
See you next time through!
Later!!

Great fun is when you press your SHIFT key for five times and then press ENTER. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

(Runs away now)

Works every time on IRC :slight_smile:

I know this is an old post but I just happened upon it this morning. So, just in case you never got a good list, I got one at:

http://www.fixmyxp.com/content/view/20/42

I printed out their list and it’s 12 pages long. That oughta’ keep you busy for a while, heh? Later, Kid

Great list. Thanks! :bow: I printed it as a pdf file, saves ink. :iagree: