I think what signals is trying to say is that the option to control the name is ONLY available in the general settings. It cannot be changed by profile. This would be very useful I think because full movies don’t need the title number in the name but TV episodes do. Being able to change the default naming at all is an improvement from previous versions. Now, if I could only get DVD to use 01 as the title number so that things sort correct…
To answer the question you asked. There is no up-to-date documentation available. Here are some ways I have used to glean the XML settings:
[li]Read the profile_document.xml file in the Profiles/Readme folder under DVDFab install. It was updated with better comments recently.[/li][li]Use the DVDFab Profile Editor to make a profile and then read what it did. You are limited to what the Profile Editor can update.[/li][li]Setup an encode in DVDFab Mobile to do what you want, click the button to make it the default profile, and then read the file that got created/updated. You are limited to what the DVDFab GUI can update.[/li][li]Read through all the profiles that come with DVDFab. There are some settings that appear in certain profiles because of the limitations of some devices.[/li][/ul]
You have probably done all of these things but I thought I’d list them just to be sure. Although I can’t think of them offhand, I’ve encountered some settings that are now ignored.
I did notice that the profile_document.xml was updated recently with more comments and the output file name option was left there even though that didn’t work previously. If you are running the conversion via the command line then maybe you can create a profile xml per output file.