List of LITEON SafeDisc v-2.9/3.x killer burners

When I picked up CofD at EB, they had a spindle of 100 Verbatim DataLifePlus superAZO @ 52x for $59 or low 50s, can’t remember, but under $60. That’s all I use. No media faults since I started with them. Excellent choice for PSX. They are actually Mitsubishi Chemical out of Singapore.

Originally posted by FutureProof
They are actually Mitsubishi Chemical out of Singapore.

My current spindle of 50 was made in Taiwan and Verb dlps are virtually the only cdrs still being made that I use. Still have quite a number of Kodak ultima silver/golds and a few Mitsui golds (neither of which are still being made) left but you really can’t go wrong with Verb dlps downunder. (Just don’t make the mistake of getting plain Verbatim Datalife cdrs; they’re dreadful. :Z )

I picked up Prince of Persia today with its SD3.15. Using the DVD/CD-ROM as a reader and the LiteOn52327s to write ‘on the fly’ I made a good copy with Alcohol 120% useing the SafeDisk profile. It works without any ATIP hider when run from the DVD/CD-ROM drive. The game installed and played from the copies.
Latest Alcohol 120% works great with the LiteOn52327s. I like it so much I bought a serial!!

Originally posted by Jackass
[B]>> With the Litey, the Asus or both?

Both.

Litey 52327S, 411S, 48161H and 811S all work. 48125W Doesn’t work.

ASUS 5224x (fw 1.1 is all I’ve tested) seems “just that little bit better copy”. [/B]

Yep you are right in that point.

I am testing at this moment fw 1.1 for my Asus and works better than liteon and LG cdrw burners in general on all cd-roms, dvd-roms and cd-burners, but in some dvd-writers will not work.
Asus CRW-5224A produce good backups similars to my plex 8/20 and 8/2/20 ; but in my opinion they are not gold backups

My experience with LG GSA-4040B is that is the champion with safedisk 2.90/3.1 because works in all my devices and my plex cd-roms do not detect weak sectors when I read them at 1x (when you use an ultraplex 40x, 32x or classic plex 12/20 to read a backup with clonecd at 1x or 2x, if the log file detects errors on patterns sectors the backup is not good)

QUOTE]Originally posted by Jackass
>>BW 4.5.7.92 WILL NOT make a working copy of Prince of Persia - Safedisc 3.15 but DiscJuggler WILL. [/QUOTE]

For Safedisk 3.15 is another history: Alcohol 120%, CLoneCD or Blindwrite do not produce good backups with any of my cd/dvd burners. I am trying now all my devices with discjuggler

at this moment both liteon 52327s and ASUS 5224A has fallen in backups that only work on some my devices and my plextor cd-roms detects too weak sectors on the reading of the made backup. the LG GCE-8525B probably can not make good backups neither

Plexwriters 8/20 and 8/2/20 only I can get partial copies too.

My LG GSA-4040b could beat this last revision but I doubt it.

Seems that safedisk 3.15 is hard to copy with actual writers, although may be the Aopen 5232 could give a good hand on all this :wink:

Finally my LG GSA-4040B failed the test of gold backup too :wink:
,although the backup works in many more devices than the ASUS and old plexis

Well now the question is someone have tried an Aopen 5232 or another cd-writer to backup this revision of safedisk.

> Well now the question is someone have tried an Aopen 5232 or another cd-writer to
> backup this revision of safedisk

Yes, I have.

I used the Asus 5224 to read with DJ, (maximum read speed - it finished in under 3 minutes) then wrote with the Aopen (I chose Optimise speed on the write - it wrote at 48x).

The result is a pretty good copy, that works in CD burners with hide CDR (Litey 52x Asus 52x and Aopen 5232) and also in Litey DVD_roms 165h 166s and Sony DDU1621 (a very underrated drive).

Caveat: #1
The Aopen is a better writer, but a lousy reader (it would say that POP contained header errors that weren’t really present with BW, and wouldn’t report any bad sectors with DJ).

Caveat: #2
The SD 3.15 copies don’t work with a lot of DVD Roms, and don’t work on my DVD Burners.

Perhaps we should call it a 2.5 sheep burner :wink:

Originally posted by jimsburnerbin
I picked up Prince of Persia today with its SD3.15. Using the DVD/CD-ROM as a reader and the LiteOn52327s to write ‘on the fly’ I made a good copy with Alcohol 120% useing the SafeDisk profile. It works without any ATIP hider when run from the DVD/CD-ROM drive. The game installed and played from the copies.
Latest Alcohol 120% works great with the LiteOn52327s. I like it so much I bought a serial!!

This is the first (I think) report of a 3.15.10 backup. Do you have Blindwrite installed on your system?

Yes, I have BW4.5.7.92. I tried to make a copy of POP with it but it was really reading slow so I gave up and aborted.
CCD’s latest would make a good copy(ignore weak sectors) with the Hide CD-R active only. CCD’s emulation would not work at all.
The Alcohol copy didn’t require any ATIP hider. It runs from the DVD/ROM ok and from a Sony CDRW, but not from an Iomega CDRW. It runs from a old LG-CD-ROM ok.
I am using the StarLog DVD/CD-ROM as the reader and copying ‘on the fly’ to the 52327i.
If I had more drives to test on I’m sure, based on everyone’s experience on this reflector, that the copy would not work in a lot of drives.

Originally posted by jimsburnerbin
[B]Yes, I have BW4.5.7.92.

CCD’s latest would make a good copy(ignore weak sectors) with the Hide CD-R active only. CCD’s emulation would not work at all.

The Alcohol copy didn’t require any ATIP hider. [/B]

1. BW installed? So is Autoplay which is why you don’t need an ATIP hider. Clone’s Hide feature is required to run Clone copies given that the pregap is not read/written so this is blocked by Hide to the protection. If you uninstalled BW, you’d need a Hide ATIP running for burners.

As an aside, my Liteon 52x PoP backup only runs in a LTD-163D at this point.

Originally posted by FutureProof
[B]1) BW installed? So is Autoplay which is why you don’t need an ATIP hider. Clone’s Hide feature is required to run Clone copies given that the pregap is not read/written so this is blocked by Hide to the protection. If you uninstalled BW, you’d need a Hide ATIP running for burners.

As an aside, my Liteon 52x PoP backup only runs in a LTD-163D at this point. [/B]

BlindWrite’s ATIP+EMU (Autoplay) will only be used if the backup was made with BlindWrite and written with Autoplay, it will not help backups run that were made with another burning program.

OK. I’m corrected.

thanks

I have a few lite-on’s too, but as far as I can see and test. All my models are NOT sd 2.9+ or sd3+ killers.

The only way for sd 2.9 is with autoplay(bw) or emulate weak sectors (ccd4.3.1.5+) (autoplay is nothing better than that)

As you can see I don’t like blindwrite very much, but it seems only to be the only option when it comes to sd2.9 and up.
And no… alcohol 120% does not do the job either.

Jay Sea said:

> As you can see I don’t like blindwrite very much, but it seems only
>to be the only option when it comes to sd2.9 and up.

Why don’t you give DiscJuggler a try?
I works well here for SD 2.9 and 3.1 and you might get lucky with SD 3.15

FutureProof has written a setup guide here.

You can download it from
Padus

hmmm, I will try DJ for SD 3.15 (farcry)

Thanks. I only read this post today, because someone did reply on it too. I’ll give discjuggler a try.

I have also had problems backing up sd 3.15 (PoP) and so as a last resort attempted discjuggler. I read the disc with my ltd-166s, and then burnt the image using a ltr-48125w onto a Packard Bell 12x cd-rw. Both read and write speeds were set at 4x and the backup started perfectly from both my lite-on drives. Alcohol’s hide ATIP was required to run from the burner.

Then i hit a snag…i tried burning the image onto a 48x unbranded cd-r. I have no other media to test on, but has anyone else experienced copies working on cd-rw discs and not on a plain cd-r? I suspect its a media problem but cant be sure yet.

As a side issue, would you recommend reading all safedisc protected games with a liteon dvd-rom (166s) over a 48125w burner?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile: