List of DAE Drive Features

vbimport

This thread will be used to gather an accurate list of DAE drive features. Just post your drive(s) features in this thread & I will add them to my database.

The lists main purpose is to provide sample offsets for users who don’t have one of EAC’s key CD’s & help people decide which is an optimal drive for use with EAC & which is a suitable drive for accurate results with CD Paranoia.

I will not add any incomplete records into the database so you must provide all the required fields.

Required Fields:[ul]
[li]Manufacturer <-- First part of EAC’s top-left list box
[/li][li]Type <-- Second part of EAC’s top-left list box
[/li][li]Model <-- Third part of EAC’s top-left list box
[/li][li]Accurate Stream <–Detect Drive Features…
[/li][li]Caching <–Detect Drive Features…
[/li][li]C2 Error Info <–Detect Drive Features…
[/li][li]Overread <–Detect read sample offset correction…
[/li][li]Sample Offset <–Detect read sample offset correction…
[/li][li]Firmware <–Drive tab of Nero InfoTool
[/li][/ul]Example:

Manufacturer - SAMSUNG
Type - CD-ROM
Model - SH-152A
Accurate Stream - YES 
Caching - NO
C2 Error Info - YES
Overread - Lead Out 
Sample Offset - +12
Firmware - C504

Results so far:

I will also release a .xls file if/when the database starts to really populate, that file can then be used to import the data I have gathered into the Offset Base, Accuraterip, SatCP, & any other web site or program that wants to have a drive feature database.

I have made a small change to the submission requirements, please also provide firmware revision.

There are a couple of issues here:

1. the table does not show +/- alongside the offsets
  2. “Disable cache” is a confusing way to put it. Why not simply “Caching”? That is the term used in the dialog box you direct the user to get the value from, too.
  3. shouldn’t write offset be required as well?
  4. how is this project going to be more useful than AccrateRip?

Negative values will be shown with a “-” minus sign.

1. “Disable cache” is a confusing way to put it. Why not simply “Caching”? That is the term used in the dialog box you direct the user to get the value from, too.

I have already adjusted this unfortunately I don’t seem to be able to edit my first post

1. shouldn’t write offset be required as well?

I’m only interested in DAE drive features

1. how is this project going to be more useful than AccrateRip?

The aim is to gather this data from the various forums, I will release a .xls file if/when the database starts to really populate, that file can then be used to import the data I have gathered into the Offset Base, Accuraterip, SatCP’s database, & any other web site or program that wants to have a drive feature database.