Lip Sync Off When Converting FLV to DVD

vbimport

I have been trying to convert FLV files to DVD. I use GetFLV to convert the FLV files to MP4s. The lip sync is fine with the resulting MP4s.

I then use DVD Flick to covert the MP4s to DVD files (BUP/IFO/VOB). Again, the lip sync is fine when I view the results of this step on my computer with Nero Showtime.
It is after burning with ImgBurn that the lip sync problem shows on the burned DVD. There has to be a way around the miserable result of all this time consuming work.

How do others do this burning and come up with proper audio sync?

Thanks for any help.

jkargan

Try converting with AVStoDVD and see if you get better results. I very much prefer the HC encoder that is available in that program over DVDFlick (ffmpeg).

AVStoDVD is free to download and use. http://www.videohelp.com/tools/AVStoDVD

Also, you should try converting the flv files directly, and not go through two encoding processes.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2564758]Try converting with AVStoDVD and see if you get better results. I very much prefer the HC encoder that is available in that program over DVDFlick (ffmpeg).

AVStoDVD is free to download and use. http://www.videohelp.com/tools/AVStoDVD

Also, you should try converting the flv files directly, and not go through two encoding processes.[/QUOTE]

Well, I tried it burning one of the DVD folders with my freebie Nero version. It helped immensely. The lip sync error is unoticable unless you stare hard at their lips as they speak.

It seems the the burning program is the problem. I didn’t try Nero’s Showtime burn process before because of the blurb they had leading to it. They stated for quality DVD burns you needed to buy their Vision program. I erroneously assumed that their freebie version couldn’t burn.

Thanks for answering. I will follow up on the links you gave me, since I know almost nothing of this DVD stuff.

Thanks again.

jkargan

The burning program you use should have no effect. It merely burns the data that you provide and cannot change sync!

I’m quite certain that your problem is the two step conversion…going from flv to mp4 then on to dvd-video.

DVDFlick will convert strait from .flv
It has been a while since I burned a DVD of YouTube .flvs.
I think I used CloneDVD2 for doing the burn.
I will give ImgBurn a try & see if I get the lipsync problem.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2564772]The burning program you use should have no effect. It merely burns the data that you provide and cannot change sync!

I’m quite certain that your problem is the two step conversion…going from flv to mp4 then on to dvd-video.[/QUOTE]

Well, as I said, the DVD files created by DVD Flick when played through Nero Showtime show no lip sync problem. The problem exists only on the DVD made with ImgBurn. Using those same files made with DVD Flick and then burning them with Nero Showtime freebie show so little audio sync problem that it’s almost imperceptible.

I checked a second DVD I made yesterday. It had the same lip sync problem. Redoing it by burning it with the freebie Nero Showtime cured the problem again. What can I say?

jkargan

I checked a second DVD I made yesterday. It had the same lip sync problem. Redoing it by burning it with the freebie Nero Showtime cured the problem again. [B]What can I say[/B]?

Some, pretty much say/claim whatever they want on the net… Yawnnnn!..:stuck_out_tongue:

I did a test with an.flv converted with DVDFlick.
I did a Bulid in ImgBurn strait to a DVD -RW from the DVDFlick created DVD folder.
The lip sync looks fine to me.
I do have a setting in ImgBurn I use that you may not be able to make.
In I/O Interface I select ElbyCDIO - Elaborate Bytes.
I think this is available if you install the freeware VirtualCloneDrive.
Since I have CloneDVD2 I don’t remember.

Everyone except the op knows this isn’t a problem with the burning software :slight_smile:

The files on the disc will match exactly (at bit/byte level) what’s on the hdd… so it can’t possibly be.