"Lion King 2:Simba's Pride" won't copy

vbimport

I’m trying to back up Lion King 2:Simba’s Pride. I’m using DVDShrink and decrypter, with AnyDVD running in the background. When Analysis Frames/sec gets to 53.4, and 40% analyzing, they stop moving, and a few minutes later I get this error: “Dataerror (cyclic redundancy check)”. What could this be, and can I get around this?

Hi…podiski11…I use the same programs some times…The only time I got this same error reading it was because the disk I was using had a bad scratch on it…In the end after trying to clean it,it still stopped in the same place in the analysis…So I ripped the movie with dvdFAB…To my hard drive.Then used Shrink…and decrypter…Was ok.
dvdFab is a free program…All the best…Make sure your disk is clean…cheers

What version is your anydvd at?

Here is the link to get the free dvdFAB…
http://www.dvdidle.com/free.htm

Thanks. I’ll try this.

I guess the main thing is, with AnyDVD, is the backing up of this movie a documented problem, or am I the first to complain about this?
(by the way, it’s anydvd 5.9.4.1, it should be the latest version)

Hi :slight_smile:
Welcome to the forum. :iagree:
Yes your AnyDVD is the latest version.
Can’t say I’ve seen this particular problem before.
Try using AnyDVD to rip to hard drive.
Just right click on fox. Goto Rip DVD to Harddisk.

@ podjski11,

Concerning CRC (Cyclic Redundancy Check) data error notifications.

Suggest viewing the below Forum posting concerning CRC (Cyclic Redundancy Check) data error notification. Notice the Comments in posting #6 by Forum Member Olli (the author of CloneDVD/CloneCD and instrumental in the development of AnyDVD).

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=138522

It should be noted that if you are using the latest version of AnyDVD there no reason to be using DVD Decrypter to remove copy protect schemes. Using two copy protection scheme removes at the same time can cause error confects. The new ‘AnyDVD Ripper’ contain in the latest version of AnyDVD will remove any copy protection schemes contain in Commercial DVD Movie Title ‘Lion King 2:Simba’s Pride’. If you are unaware of the ‘AnyDVD Ripper’ function suggest performing a Forum Search for ‘AnyDVD Ripper’ and this search will reveal detailed information concerning AnyDVD ‘AnyDVD Ripper’.

The Commercial DVD Movie Title ‘Lion King 2:Simba’s Pride’ does not have a history of difficulty to make backup copies and does not contain any special copy protection scheme that the latest version of AnyDVD cannot remove.

Best Regards,
bjkg

podjski11,
No double posting. Read the cdf forum rules!

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=172168

Sorry about that. Originally, I just wasn’t sure if it was an anydvd problem or DVD decrypter problem, so I posted it in both places. I won’t do it again. Thanks for the input, though. The disk didn’t seem dirty at all, but I cleaned it anyway, and also loaded the DVDfab program. I’m not sure which one did it, cause I only tried it after both things were done, but it worked. Since it’s not documented as a problem with AnyDVD, I guess it was a dirty disk. It’s done now, though. Thanks for the input.