Linksys WAG320n disconnection

vbimport

I bought this routers and its totally annoying since it disconnects a lot, i am thinking of returning it and getting Linksys x3000. Anyone would like to suggest another reliable ADSL router?

It is not clear from your question if you are getting disconnections from cables or from wireless connections.

If the problem is a stuttering wireless connection, there are many possible causes, from a damaged router to a bad position of the router in the room (if there are too many walls the connection can be very difficult).

If you have instead frequent disconnections from the telephone line, then possible causes are issues on the line or a faulty modem.

In these days I was looking for a modem-router too, and when I read for users feedback in various stores I found that some models are not usable in some countries.

For example, take a look at this (scroll down the page to read for user feedback).

If I’m not wrong, however, the Linksys WAG320n should be able to manage correctly both protocols, so the first thing you should do is call tech support of your internet provider and ask them if there are problems on the line.

If the line is working, then check if the modem and router are correctly configured.

Too bad, for what I know, there is no software to check a router to see if the hardware is damaged or not (like tools for hard disks for example), so the only way you can check if the router is the cause of problem is trying with a different router. Maybe you can ask a friend to borrow a router to run a quick test :slight_smile:

I called my ISP and asked them for the proper configuration i did the same exact configuration that were in my old router “SpeedTouch G serious”. The configurations is very simple and there shouldn’t be any problems.

After reseting my router “Linksys WAG320n” i did the required configuration. However, i can’t configure the router when i am about 3-4 meters away via wifi since i’ll get very week signal, thats very strange, the something goes when i want to connected to the internet i have to be 5 inch away form the router. I have changed wireless channels since other signals in my home might be affecting it but with no luck. (This is a new problem accrued today) the disconnection problem occurs frequently.

I concluded the problem is with my “Linksys WAG320n” since when i plug in my old router everything seems to work just fine!

Maybe you can ask a friend to borrow a router to run a quick test
That’s a good idea!

So the problem is not the ISP, but the weak wireless signal.

There are some routers with more powerful signals, like the Asus N56U, but signal strength is not the only factor. If the router is placed in a hidden location, with too many walls between antennas and computers, then maybe you can consider to get some Ethernet adapters like this

It is sufficient to connect one to the router with a cable, and the other to a power plug located in the room where you use the computer. In this way, the actual distance between wireless antenna and wifi adapter on computer is pretty small, and signal should be very strong :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=OwaziO;2646203]I called my ISP and asked them for the proper configuration i did the same exact configuration that were in my old router “SpeedTouch G serious”. The configurations is very simple and there shouldn’t be any problems.

After reseting my router “Linksys WAG320n” i did the required configuration. However, i can’t configure the router when i am about 3-4 meters away via wifi since i’ll get very week signal, thats very strange, the something goes when i want to connected to the internet i have to be 5 inch away form the router. I have changed wireless channels since other signals in my home might be affecting it but with no luck. (This is a new problem accrued today) the disconnection problem occurs frequently.

I concluded the problem is with my “Linksys WAG320n” since when i plug in my old router everything seems to work just fine![/QUOTE]

In order to configure the router you must connect it by cable not via wireless.

I will gladly take your advices into consideration.

The main reasons why i want a new router is to have a better coverage in the first floor by replacing my wireless G serious with wireless N serious and adding one router in my second floor connected by the first router via ethernet, which is in the first floor.

I have bought 60 Foot ethernet cable that works just fine, the second thing i want is to have a remote login feature “that actually works” to see who is connected to my network via typing my public IP address in the brewers, it doesn’t matter if the second router supports remote login or not since it connected to the first router via ethernet, everything will be viewed in my first router.

I have done this successfully yesterday but with using my wireless G series in the first floor and D-link Dir 655 wireless N serious router in the second floor "D-link it’s an ADSL router thus i can’t use it in my first floor since my main connection to the internet works only with ADSL routers. Moreover, my wireless series does support remote login but it just ““DOSEN"T WORK””. I have tried my Linksys WAG320n remote login and its features, simply amazing but… not with the issues i am having.

I am researching about other good routers and i though about “Belkin N600 DB Wireless Dual-Band N+ Router” ADSL router. However, defiantly i will not buy it unless i certainly know that it will work for my network scenario.