Linksys PPPOE

Anyways the problem is that I have a PPPOE internet and I got a router of my friend, it’s a WRT64G V2.2 I need help setting my router up with my type of internet. I know the basic cable modem internet its just plug and go, but my internet requries me to double click a icon and enter my Username and password to go online, so can anybody help me out?

Please don’t say call Linksys because…
I tried calling Linksys and guess what they told me? They said your warranty on that product has expired so you cannot ask for support, I’m not kidding that’s what she said, I thought support was to help? Hah.

Go here and download the user manual &/or quick setup guide.
Either V2.2 is identical to V2.0 for the user manual, or linksys hates you.

Hard reset the router to manufacturers defaults. Not just turn it off and turn it on.

Change your computers IP address to 192.168.1.200.
Open internet explorer -> open http://192.168.1.1

Username: (blank)
Password: “admin”

Run the basic setup.

Internet Connection Type = PPPOE
Fill out your username & password.
Set to keep alive - every 30 seconds.

Save & reset the modem.

The rest you can figure out.

You should put a proper username & password for your router.
You should add an SSID & encryption level + encryption password to the wireless settings.

Set all your computers to use DHCP to obtain IP addresses & etc.

[QUOTE=debro;2155536]Go here and download the user manual &/or quick setup guide.
Either V2.2 is identical to V2.0 for the user manual, or linksys hates you.

Hard reset the router to manufacturers defaults. Not just turn it off and turn it on.

Change your computers IP address to 192.168.1.200.
Open internet explorer -> open http://192.168.1.1

Username: (blank)
Password: “admin”

Run the basic setup.

Internet Connection Type = PPPOE
Fill out your username & password.
Set to keep alive - every 30 seconds.

Save & reset the modem.

The rest you can figure out.

You should put a proper username & password for your router.
You should add an SSID & encryption level + encryption password to the wireless settings.

Set all your computers to use DHCP to obtain IP addresses & etc.[/QUOTE]

Okay first off, how do I change my ip address to 200? Also when I connect the modem to the router and the router to the computer, I am connected but I can’t access the router webpage, now when I delete the PPPOE connection, ( the thing that I double click that allows me to connect to the internet) When I delete that I can access the linksys webpage, and I clicked PPPOE and typed in the information but I could not connect to a website, the only way I can go on websites is when the PPPOE connection is their and when I double click it.

Start->Settings->Control Panel->Network connections->Local Area Connection (Generally 1)
-> properties
TCP/IP
Properties
(TICK ON) Use the following ip:
IP address: 192.168.1.200
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: (blank)

[QUOTE=blasteryui;2155558]Also when I connect the modem to the router and the router to the computer, I am connected but I can’t access the router webpage, now when I delete the PPPOE connection, ( the thing that I double click that allows me to connect to the internet) When I delete that I can access the linksys webpage, and I clicked PPPOE and typed in the information but I could not connect to a website, the only way I can go on websites is when the PPPOE connection is their and when I double click it.[/QUOTE]
Once you run the Quick Setup in the router… the router does the necessary PPPOE connection forever (and you can disable the PPPOE on the PC)

Once the router is correctly configured you just need to turn your computer on (or any computer either wired, or configured to use the routers WIFI network) and you’ll have net access.