Link to old review on Myce

I tried a link I have for an old review.
I’m using Opera beta for my browser.
The page for the link is all Chinese characters .
This is the link:

Do you get the same results ?

[QUOTE=cholla;2759216]I tried a link I have for an old review.
I’m using Opera beta for my browser.
The page for the link is all Chinese characters .
This is the link:

Do you get the same results ?[/QUOTE]

I did try your link, it’s in English.

Its all Chinese characters in Chrome and IE, but Pale Moon brings it up correctly.

[QUOTE=cholla;2759216]
Do you get the same results ?[/QUOTE]
Yes. And the same result with Internet Explorer. It’s been happening (intermittently) to me for a while.

I was able to view it in English in FF portable also .
I didn’t know whether Chrome had a problem as I don’t have it.
I did test it in IE as well & Chinese in it.
I was going to post it as a link in another thread but I hate to post a link that only works in some browsers. Especially when it is some of the mainstream browsers it doesn’t work in.
I think it is a problem that needs to be fixed.

I wonder why it goes to Chinese ?
I might understand if it was Dutch.

Found a similar case mentioned … http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie10-windows_7/certain-webpages-show-in-chinese-characters/c933fc2a-30c1-4de0-964a-9b42116896f7?auth=1

View - encoding western European (windows) fixes it

Yeah, I ran across something similar a while back. To do a universal fix requires going into each affected item and changing a line in the document itself: http://club.myce.com/f20/some-old-reviews-not-loading-properly-339214/#post2755387 …Though the cause may differ this time around; can’t rule anything out.

[B]So if/when you stumble across this issue, keep reporting it (include the link to the story).[/B]

In the meantime, if you need to view something of a certain…vintage :bigsmile:, using a different browser or switching an in-browser setting will help. I’ll do some testing to see if I can figure out how to do this for different browsers, where possible-for example, in Chrome 40-something in OS X, I had to go to View -> Encoding -> Unicode (UTF8), which is different from what Matth had to set.

Please see if the Matshita SW-9585 review linked in the first post displays correctly (meaning you actually see a proper review page with proper review content) without changing browser settings. I attempted to make the fix suggested by Liggy, but need others to provide feedback.

Looks correct in Opera beta 32.0 , IE11 , & FF portable now.
Before only FF portable showed it correctly.
So for now I’m good .

BTW : The drive is a good reader & burner as well .
The only complaints I’ve had about it is it can’t be Book typed , it doesn’t do scans & firmware is non existent.

Well done Albert, it was wrong for me too, but now fixed. Given the fact that it’s old content, I think it’s indeed best to report it when you stumble on it. That would probably be more efficient than spending a lot of time on finding a fix for everything for now.

Thanks for the reports everyone!!!