Limit on how long you can stay in the USA?

vbimport

I have been offered too fly over to N.C in the USA and stay for 6 months or possibly more, I just need a nice long break away from the UK. Do the USA have limits on how long a British national can stay? I will be living in a house with my friends.:wink:

Any feedback would be most helpfull, I have made def plans to go in the next 3 months:bigsmile:

Put it this way I will not miss the UK whatsover:cool:

Greetz The Diplomat:D

Originally posted by intercept
Do the USA have limits on how long a British national can stay?
Why don’t you just contact the U.S. Ambassy in London, UK ?
I’m sure you’d be provided with the most detailed, up-to-date and competent info on that issue.

International Taxation Portfolio

Specifically US:
http://www.taxnews.com/tnn/Globtax.nsf/0cebd7b0e2cde6d68525646c0072b7d1/40f2052c4fb62b848525649600782cd9?OpenDocument

Browse around there…

Thanx for that:bigsmile:

Greets The Diplomat:D

There’s a nice trick for this. When your three months are over , go to a neighbouring country (not state) for a day and a night. Now you can visit the US of A for three months again.

In this case it’s sort of smart to stay close either to the Canadian or the Mexican border.

There’s a nice trick for this. When your three months are over , go to a neighbouring country (not state) for a day and a night. Now you can visit the US of A for three months again.

Ahh, good old loopholes…

does the “neighboring country” rule apply if he hits international waters? just a thought :wink:

Originally posted by ckin2001
does the “neighboring country” rule apply if he hits international waters? just a thought :wink:
You know what. As long as yesterday I was thinking if this could be applied to the Lake Michigan. ? .

Kinda like :

lets take the boat out
wait until darkness
let’s take the boat out
wait until darkness comes…
…out in the boat
riding the water
riding the waves on the sea

Originally posted by ckin2001

No , because he cannot proof he has been in another country for at least a day and a night , thus - on paper - making him a tourist again.