LimeWire shut down for good... what's next?

LimeWire shut down for good… what’s next?.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2010/10/mofd6U.png[/newsimage]The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) won a moral victory in court after it had the peer-to-peer LimeWire file sharing service shut down.  US District Judge Kimba Wood issued a permanent injunction against LimeWire, so users will no longer be able to search, browse, and download/upload files through the LimeWire P2P service.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/limewire-shut-down-for-good-whats-next-35937/](http://www.myce.com/news/limewire-shut-down-for-good-whats-next-35937/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

The recording industry is going to sink. it seems that they are going to take as many down with them as possible. The music will survive no matter what the “Grinch” does.

[QUOTE=rla;2552997]The recording industry is going to sink. it seems that they are going to take as many down with them as possible. The music will survive no matter what the “Grinch” does.[/QUOTE]

LONG LIVE MUSIC! :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=rla;2552997]The recording industry is going to sink.[/QUOTE]

Can’t be soon enough for me hope they sink in the deep end too. :iagree:

RIP Limewire. What’s going on here is pretty idiotic. People will switch to an alternative P2P program. It took them 5+ years to shut down Limewire. It will take them just as long to shut down any others.

I’m guessing this brings down Frostwire as well since it’s essentially the same thing…

[QUOTE=icefloe01;2553262]I’m guessing this brings down Frostwire as well since it’s essentially the same thing…[/QUOTE]

That’s what you’d think, but from what I’ve read, Frostwire is still working. I guess you should give it a try and let us know.

[QUOTE=Grim107;2553292]That’s what you’d think, but from what I’ve read, Frostwire is still working. I guess you should give it a try and let us know.[/QUOTE]

Actually I don’t use it. My son has in the past even when I’ve told him not to. So now I just block P2P at the router level. I told him when he’s out on his own he can do whatever he wants but not to look to me for help if the riaa (ptooey!) / mpaa (ptooey!) come after him.

From my experience, Limewire was the worst for spreading Malware. Nearly every time someone asked me to disinfect their computer, they had Limewire installed. So I’m glad to see this go, as the developers did not seem to make much of an effort to prevent Malware spreading on it.

To give an idea of how bad it was (at least the last time I used it), I typed a random string of letters in its search, something that should return no result and I got a few so called music and Video files for the search result, one which showed 50+ sources! Of course when I copied & pasted this string into Google, I got no result showing that I did not coincidently type a song name.

MP3 Rocket still works GREAT!!!

Frostwire is still working!

They just don’t get it, do they?

I understand publishers wanting to protect their copyright, but why would anyone in the right mind pay £15 for an album when they can download it, and slap it on a CD for next to nothing? If you want to reduce piracy, why not instead lower the price of albums, so that they ARE affordable. Not many people have that much money; so understandably they turn to downloads.

What about internet streaming? We don’t pay for that. Eg, my brother uses Spotify, a perfectly legal application where he can listen to whatever music he wants (Paid for by advertising) What about Grooveshark? Musgle? Stuff like that, rather than taking a pop at LimeWire, which DOES have some legal uses, also take out The Pirate Bay which is probably the main source of pirating (Of course ;))

Of course, PB has told publishers to P**s off because they know that P2P downloading and the idea behind it IS legal in Sweden. Morons, rather than wanting to swell your own pocket, think about why album rates are dwindling.

Maybe because there music is so sh1t nobody will admit to paying for it? :wink: Justin Beiber, anyone? :wink:

but which among all is the fastest downloader?

I installed both MP3 Rocket & Frostwire and there both as fast as limewire / Remember to COPY your music files if you uninstall Limewire or they will be LOST

[QUOTE=AIRBUD7;2553444]I installed both MP3 Rocket & Frostwire and there both as fast as limewire / Remember to COPY your music files if you uninstall Limewire or they will be LOST[/QUOTE]

do you mean if someone has their music stored under a Limewire file?

Go to (Start > My Documents > LimeWire > Saved) Right click the Saved folder and select copy / then go to desktop / Right click on desktop and select paste / now you will have a backup copy on your desktop / now you can uninstall Limewire / Note however I uninstalled limewire this morning and I DID NOT lose my limewire saved music folder?/ This is just a precaution.☺

I am sure there will be an orangewire in a few day.

It’s official, Limewire is now a lemon

So, it´s just a matter of time before they freeze Frostwire too!

:doh:

Who cares, i still can do this, this, this, this, this and this.