Like to learn how to burn DVDs movies and video games to have backup discs

vbimport

To let you know how new I am I just bought my second compter in 11years :o I only use it for basic stuff-email, banking, getting info off the internet. Here is what I have fresh from the store:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Processor 4200+
Dual-Core 64 Bit Processor W/AMD 64 Tech
2.2 GHz, 2 x 512 KBL2 Cache, 2000MHz System Bus
250 GB SATA ll
2048 MB DDR2
DVD+/-RW Multi Format
Double Layer

I would really like to learn how to burn DVDs movies and video games to have backup discs. With having 3 kids ages 7 to 1 years and I can not count how many disc have been scratched. So here are the silly questions I have:
What all do I need to be able to make backup copies? I do know I will need to buy software but will I need to buy another DVD burner? What is the best and easiest software
I should use? I would appreciate any and all responses, please help!!
Also, I don’t know if it was a mistake or not but I bought a product online Game Copy Pro V2.73 because the advertisment said I would be able to learn to burn video game onto regular cd or dvd. I bought it because it said I would be able to do Gamecube games and that it was easy for a beginner. Well when I went to the download site all I saw were download applications for Xbox and PSP. I don’t if you can use that for Gamecube also. I did send off an email to their tech support but I still haven’t heard back. So if anyone has this program or knows anything about it please let me know if it’s something I will be able to use. Thanks.

Try Ripit4me. That is what I’m using and I love it. The other nice thing is that its FREE and simple to use.

Thank you! I will try it.

For backing up commercial movie DVDs, RipIt4Me + DVD Shrink + ImgBurn.

That’s some serious future-proofing you’ve got built into that word processing system of yours :wink:

is Ripit4me for gamecube games?

What model is your current burner?

Please don’t hijack other threads and then set up another. :cop:

Sorry…