LightScribe

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Pioneer DVR-113KG / DVR-1910LS. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Just an Opinion

When I got my Pioneer Light Scribe burner, the Light Scribe feature was just a gee-whiz extra I didn’t care about.

I think I should have. The burner died after a couple of months. Luckily, I was able to exchange it which I mentioned in my first post.

But I think writing a lightscibe label - which takes half an hour and is just awful-looking at best - beats the hell out of your laser. For what purpose? You got the unit to write CDs. Memorex Labels and their latest ExPressIt labeling software are so much better-looking and do not run down your burner.

Just a thought!

There is a post I think in the blank media forum about using paper labels and they are not highly recommended, BTW paper labels have been around a long time

Not sure why yours is taking 1/2 an hour. I have burned about a dozen lightscibe cd’s (with labels). The longest label took about 5 minutes (granted it was just some text burned top and bottom). Maybe you just got a faulty burner…