Lightscribe Problems (LG GSA-H55L)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the LG GSA-H55L. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hello! I’m a noob ,so please bear with me. I’m so steamed about this burner as this is my first and it turned into a freaking nightmare.
This thing will not lightscribe. It goes through the motions showing printing(scribing)progress bar but once it finishes an hour later it pop out the tray I flip it over and big all NADA! I tried several days different programs updating lightscribe yadda yadda! I finally contacted the seller who referred me to the tech support. This was when I realized I was totally screwed. I told him the model and that it wouldn’t lightscribe. He asked me what was lightscribe???:eek:

I explained it to him what the dang thing his company was selling. He told me all I had to do was update the firmware. I told him that I couldn’t because it was a external usb. I had tried from LG’S downloads and it stated FW mismatch.
I hung up and resolved to try and solve it myself. It stated if I opened the burner cover the warranty would be void so I did anyway and hooked it up to a cable via another computer. Updated Firmware to 1.05 like a charm.

Tried burning another label same bullcrap. I don’t get it this thing will burn dvd’s no problem but as soon as I put it upside down for a label it does what it does and nothing on the label. The burner light doesn’t flash during the label burn, but does during a dvd burn.

I contacted LG and all they could offer me was that it was probably the medias fault. I used Verbatim lighscribe 16x Dvd +r.

Can this really be a factor? Or is it just passing the buck?

In meantime, I just got so fed up of this useless piece of crap that I went out and bought a HP DVD 1040. What a dream compared to the LG!!

I still want to try to fix the LG and possibly sell it to someone at least to burn dvds.
Any suggestions from you the experts :bow: what the problem could be???
I’ve read most of the GSA H55L threads here, but so far none of them fixed the problem.

I appreciate your thoughts. I’ve learned alot from what I read here(taking the drive and hooking it up to flash the firmware).

Thank-you and best regards,

Mario

I know this may seem stupid to mention, but you know you have to place the media upside down right? Label side down on the tray.

Another thought would be the usb controller isn’t compatible with the lightsribe software. I found alot of external stuff to be very buggy. Did you try Lightscribe-ing something when it was connected via cable (internally)?

Matt

edit: Welcome To CD freaks mate. Sorry so rude of me to forget in my original posting.

Thank-you Matthew!
Yes, turned the cd upside down came out blank. it recognizes that there is a media in it parameters 112 etc…
Contacted LG who thinks it might be a dud.
Sent it back and they are send yet another. In meantime, I bought another usb burner from Hp and it burns labels (lightscribe) like a charm!
Will see if the other LG they are sending does the same thing.

All the best and thank-you for taking the time to answer.

[QUOTE=Matthew12222;2103780]I know this may seem stupid to mention, but you know you have to place the media upside down right? Label side down on the tray.

Another thought would be the usb controller isn’t compatible with the lightsribe software. I found alot of external stuff to be very buggy. Did you try Lightscribe-ing something when it was connected via cable (internally)?

Matt

edit: Welcome To CD freaks mate. Sorry so rude of me to forget in my original posting.[/QUOTE]

Got a replacement from vendor. The replacement was just as bad! :sad: Getting a refund.:clap: