LightScribe problem

Hi.
I just got my DVD recorder “LiteOn SHW 16H5”. It has LightScript, but I don’t know how to use it. Ican’t find any drivers for the LS (they should be on the added cd, but there are none, neither on the LiteOn website).
Please HELP ME!!! :bow: I’m desperate :sad:

Welcome to the forum
The latest Nero burning ROM supports LS, you should be prompted to download the LS engine when needed.
Surething labeler also supports LS. This is my personal favorite application, again you will be prompted to download the LS engine when needed. You can also get a 30 day demo version from their website. (version 4.3)

But nero doesn’t even show the option of lightscribe burning. But ok. I’ll try. THX for the advice.

You must install the driver I send you and then bingo.
Good luck!

Just to let you know that nero 6.6.0.6 supports LightScript. But the LightScript option is hidden if your burner does not support LightScript

Where is this driver found?
I would like to download a copy.

So, i have the same burner!
16h5s
In the bulk version(mine) there is also Nero 6.6.0.18
With this version lightscribe work fine but, if u upgrade to nero 7, start the problem! Nero Cover doesn’t recognize lightscribe unit… i have test also with new driver but it’s the same…
Now I use Nero 7 for burn and surething cd labeler for lightscribe! :rolleyes:

Hi, here a reply from The Netherlands in Europe. I had the same problem with Lightscribe, but I have the answer.
First you have to go to the Event Viewer. In the Application Log you see the following error of LightSrcibe Service:

Win32 Error : Function: [HurricaneClientProxy::OpenCDROMDevice] Error opening class device \.\CDROM0 returned Win32 Error: 5 Description: Access is denied.

You can solve this problem as follows:

Choose Start > Run. Type “regedit” in the Open text box and then click OK.

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\allocatecdroms

Change the valuation of 1 in 0

That’s it and LightScribe will work!