LightScribe or Printable Media?

vbimport

Hello, I am thinking buy a Ink Jet Printer CD/DVD or else a LightScribe Burner, but I don’t know what is the best. For one hand the prices of printable media are the same than common discs while LightScribe ones more expensive, but the design is low quality with a printer.

Also, what do you think is the best LightScribe media??.. I heard some brands after a time, lost the design :(.

Thanks for your help,

[QUOTE=CopperTomato;2041037]Hello, I am thinking buy a Ink Jet Printer CD/DVD or else a LightScribe Burner, but I don’t know what is the best. For one hand the prices of printable media are the same than common discs while LightScribe ones more expensive, but the design is low quality with a printer.

Also, what do you think is the best LightScribe media??.. I heard some brands after a time, lost the design :(.

Thanks for your help,[/QUOTE]
LS media is way too expensive, get a inkjet printer and some verbatim photo printable, and they’ll look real!

I also prefer printable media to the LS…it produces a higher quality result and no extra wear and tear on your drive, plus the time it takes to burn the image onto the disc is not worth it IMHO.

Lightscrobe is fun to play with i think but, i have an Epson R320 and i print printable discs also. CD-R’s and DVD’s.

Lightscribe has one serious advantage - you get the “printer” with the drive and don’t need to invest in/maintain a separate printer.

I like Lightscribe. I also love these DVD+Rs.

http://svp.co.uk/product/verbatim_lightscribe_v12_(16x)dvd_plus_r(43576)_3402

They look good and I got some pretty impressive Quality Scans with them too. These are definately my favourite DVD recordables. Ever.

I think I will go for the Ink Jet CD/DVDs because…I need a printer anyways and I don’t trust so much in LS.
Here where I live is hard get good media, I don’t wish spend lots of money for then lost the designs. Also, I been reading other posts with the same question and I found out LightSribe has no colours yet…

Thanks for help me in my decision!,

All in all, I think there are more positives for printables. If LS was cheaper, it’d be more difficult to choose.

I much prefer full-face printables over LightScribe too, but the price difference isn’t so important if you count the ink you’ll be using as well. And if you’re going to take the time to print a DVD, you’ll probably do the DVD cover as well, which literally sucks your tanks empty. Perfect printing is a bit of a craft as well and requires more practice. LightScribe doesn’t have as many variables that you must get right.

I prefer Inkjet hub printable media whether it be DVD or CD it just looks so much better
than any LightScribe discs that I have ever seen. If they were to ever come out with
full color hub printable LS discs that didn’t take any longer to do than an Inkjet printable
discs then I would probably change my mind about LS but until then I’ll just stick with my
Inkjet printable discs. :wink:

Yes, DVD/CD printable media is the best option for me, but really does it take lots of ink???. I won’t bother to make covers, I never do.

[QUOTE=CopperTomato;2042355]Yes, DVD/CD printable media is the best option for me, but really does it take lots of ink???. I won’t bother to make covers, I never do.[/QUOTE]

Just printing the DVD/CD doesn’t take very much ink at all if you do not use the
best photo/premium DVD settings. I always use the text+image setting when doing
my DVD/CD/cover printing and I can print a bunch of DVD’s and covers without a
drastic drop in the ink levels. I have never really counted how many I get on a full
refill of my carts but I’d have to estimate some where around 75 to 100 or more discs
and covers. I use the refillable carts now and soon to be a CIS system so it is kind of
hard to say how many you’d get from a full set of factory carts. :confused: