Lightscribe Issue

Today, I tried burning a lightscribe image to an audio CD I made. I used the SureThing Labeling software with a LiteOn SHM-165H6S drive and Verbatim Lightscribe CD-R media. I’ve done at least 15 discs so far, and this is the first time I’ve had an issue with the lightscribe. I made my label in SureThing, and set the quality to best, and it began printing. About 20 minutes later, it finished, and I flipped the disc over to look at it, and this is what I got:

This is what it was supposed to look like:

Anyone have any idea what could have happened? I don’t have any other CDs right now to test it on again, but I’m a little worried that my drive just died. :confused:

I honestly couldn’t tell you what the problem is (although you might want to try with another piece of LS media just to rule media out) - but damn, that’s one funky looking disc as it is! :wink:

That does look worryingly like the LightScribe drive may be to blame…
Just to make sure, make a new label design and try burning onto new LS media.

Thanks for the replies. The disc actually does look kinda neat, especially when you spin it around. I’m going to get another disc and see if it does the same thing, hopefully it doesn’t, but knowing my luck it’ll do exactly the same thing. :frowning:

Could I burn a lightscribe label before burning any data onto the CD? It shouldn’t do any harm should it?

Well, I tried printing another label, and it turned out great. Must have been a one time fluke. I’m telling ya, when that label was done printing and the CD tray shot out at me, I had to get up my courage to pick up the disc and look at it. :lol:

LOL! I’m still mystified as to what the problem could have been, but glad it’s working now.

I hope you kept the funky-looking disc, though :bigsmile:

You can sell that first one on ebay. Claim it’s a hypnotizing-tool. I am mesmerised by it.