I've been getting a "An Internal error has occurred" every time I attempt to burn a label. This will happen any time throughout the burning process, but has been happening the majority of the time near halfway through the burn. I've tried nearly everything I can think of. I'll list what I've tried below.
1) Installing latest LS update (220.127.116.11)
2) Reinstalling updates, drive, and labeling software.
3) Using different labeling software (Usually use SureThing, but have tried Nero and SureThing Deluxe Trial)
4) Checked to make sure cables are connected properly.
5) Tried two different brands of lightscribe discs (HP and Verbatim)
6) Shut down a a few programs that might have been interfering with LS (like PowerDvD)
I'm probably forgetting something, because I've been trying to figure this out for a while. I used to be able to burn LS labels fine on my older HD that's now used for storage, however I booted back into it and it wouldn't let me burn from it any more either.
I'm using the HP DVD840x and have download the latest firmware, but it says "drive mismatch when I attempt to use the installer. HP lists the 840x under the dvd840i, but it should still work.
Basically the LS diagnostic tool says there's nothing wrong with LS and it's functioning correctly and the LS control panel USUALLY detects the drive, but I get into the process of burning a LS label and 99.8% of the time will get this error:
Does anyone know what might be causing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and let me know what other info you might need.
These are the process that are usually running when I'm attempting to burn
Also, I've upgraded to the latest Nero software even though I've been using SureThing Labeler 4 SE Lightscribe edition.