now I got it:
First of all you were right, the problem was created by my Marvell 61XX driver. But this driver was the latest I found on ASUS site. SO I googled around and found an newer driver (126.96.36.199 instead of 188.8.131.52.)
With the old driver, although I flashed both drives, the same issue happened again: impossible to use the lightscribe.
With this new driver my burner is still seen as an SCSI drive, but the lightscribe works great now.
I really hate the fact that the burner is still an SCSI drive … but I assume it works with a native IDE driver as I set the marvell ports on IDE in the bios.
So… let me appologize. There is nothing wrong with the patcher, nor the flasher![/QUOTE]
I think I must explain what happened here, so that no one else gets into the same problems:
-Nor the patcher, not the flasher, not my drivers were causing this issue. I even did a fresh vista installation with the same result. It worked a few hours, than my lightscribe failed again!
After troubleshooting for many days, I found out that my anti-virus (Gdata 2009) is the problem.
Strangely, when I open the lightscribe software the antivirus doesn’t lock it.
But When I load a lightscribe media then open the lightscribe software (or any labelling software using lightscribe driver) the computer gets locked up by Gdata! The only solution I found so far is to turn off Gdata before labelling with lightscribe. this happened since the last Gdata program update.
Gdata is using two engines: Kasperky and Avast. I don’t know which one of the two engines is locking up, but I suspect it is Avast!
Any one running into a similar issue, where the computer is locked up when trying to label with lightscribe, should think of this.