Lightscribe Discs?

vbimport

Up till now i’ve been getting tayion yuden the blue dvd+r discs.But since i’m consedinrng getting a lightscrive drive,the desire for lightscribe discs catches up.

So which lightscribe discs would you recoommend for quality and price?I could find any ty lightscribe at least not here on Greece.

Taiyo Yuden does not manufacture LS discs. You can however consider other alternatives such as Verbatim LS DVD+R.

If you are interested in price, then you should consider an inkjet printer with disc tray and inkjet printable media (small to mid-size duplication) or a thermal printer and thermal printable media (larger size duplication).

[QUOTE=kg_evilboy;2066966]Taiyo Yuden does not manufacture LS discs. You can however consider other alternatives such as Verbatim LS DVD+R.[/QUOTE]

My advice too. Vertbatim Lightscribe DVD+R = quality (most likely of the MCC 004 dye).

Why not just use a marker? LightScribe is a pain to use. It’s too slow and it only makes two tone labels. My time is too valuable to waste waiting on discs to finish printing. I think the DiscPainter is a better option because it prints disc labels in 1-3 minutes and in full color. there is a video on youtube that shows the DiscPainter in use. I recommend viewing it before purchasing any disc labeling system.

Personally, I find “printed” labels easier to read, they also look at lot nicer.

Of course, if speed/time of printing is an issue, then printable discs are better. But its a considerable investment, maintaining ink pools etc.

Depending on the individual’s use, it’s pros and cons.

For someone who just has a few disks, buying a disc labelling system and ink cartridges, and printable discs may be OTT. In that case, Lightscribe FTW.

You can also get “color” Lightscribe, i.e. discs with Lightscribe coating in different colors, today, you can get original beige, (dark) blue, green, red, yellow and orange/brown.

well i mean lightscribe use laser,while printing on discs costs money.I dont know about disc colours,i only know of the alternative labelflash technology that uses blue surface discs,but is not widely supported and is considerably more expensive.

evils nailed it all in one go also u got the time constraints with a decent ls burn

[QUOTE=therock003;2071122]well i mean lightscribe use laser,while printing on discs costs money.I dont know about disc colours,i only know of the alternative labelflash technology that uses blue surface discs,but is not widely supported and is considerably more expensive.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=therock003;2071122]well i mean lightscribe use laser,while printing on discs costs money.I dont know about disc colours,i only know of the alternative labelflash technology that uses blue surface discs,but is not widely supported and is considerably more expensive.[/QUOTE]

In that case, I’ve got some links and information that might interest you.

Most lightscribe backings are beige (very light brown) in colour, as this is the first and default colour. However, more recent specifications allow other colours to be used, and some companies have begun shipping packs of media with varying Lightscribe backing colours.

Some links of interest

Infiniti Colour Lightscribe CDs, 25 pack spindle - shipped Europewide (perhaps worldwide) from the UK
http://svp.co.uk/product/infiniti_coloured_lightscribe_52x_(v1_2)_cd_r_1198_box

Verbatim Colour Lightscribe DVD+Rs, 5 pack slimline - this link is from Komplett’s Irish operation but can be obtained from many Komplett storefronts across Europe including Belgium :clap: which might be of interest to one poster here :bigsmile:

Provantage, based in the US and shipping world wide offers Verbatim Color Lightscribe CD-Rs, DVD+R and DVD-R, all in 25 packs.
http://www.provantage.com/scripts/search.dll?QUERY=Verbatim+Color+Lightscribe&Submit.x=0&Submit.y=0

Remember of course that Verbatim anything is pretty much a guarantee of data-side quality as well so if you’re “into” lightscribe, I would very much recommend looking at the various Verbatim Colour Lightscribe ranges. Not only that but even when you are buying media from retailers that don’t identify the media packages MID, you can be sure anything Lightscribe from Verbatim is backed by MCC dye as opposed to the B-Grade 16x Tayio Yuden that is common in many European branded Verbs.

I have also used many Moser Baer India CDs (MBI is the manufacturer of the infiniti CDs mentioned above) without incident and would recommend those too.