Lightscribe blanks that don't have the brand's logo?

vbimport

I bought a package of Memorex lightscribe blank discs the other day, only to find out that these morons thought it was a bright idea to put their annoying logo on the inside circle. WHY WHY WHY would they give people the power to professionally label their CDs when they paste their crap everywhere? Man, this really annoyed me.

Anyway, are there any brands that don’t do this? I’m trying to release an audio CD of my boyfriend’s band and I want it to look well-made. It needs to be completely blank with no brand logo anywhere on the disc itself. Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Hi KoshNaranek, welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

Verbatim does the same thing. I’m not sure about other brands, but all LightScribe media will have a large center hub used for positioning the disc correctly during LightScribe burning.

If you have an inkjet printer capable of printing on CDs and DVDs, you could buy some inkjet printable CD-R media (with no logo/ID) and use that instead.

I’ve considered doing that. Any recommended CD-R brands for inkjet printing that have no logo? I don’t need anything special since it will just be black and white. The background is black and the logo will be completely white.

Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the quick response, much appreciated. :slight_smile: