Lights on

found a supplier in south aus for lights on and want to buy a 24x but their is 3 to chose from .ltr-24102b 24/10/40x e-de cd-rw,smart burn.smart x,vas machanism.
ltr-321235 32x/12/40x e-ide cd-rw,smart burn,smartx vas.
lsd-081 dvd8x/cd24x,12.7mm drawer,dvd multi,smart-x, dfs mecanism .could you help narrow the choise . i’v also been told that lits on 163 is good but is their any more id numbers for it . thanks :cool:

First of all I think you mean Lite-On (http://www.liteonit.com.tw/index-english.htm) writers :slight_smile:

I will explain the differences between the mentioned drives briefly to help you make a decision:

Lite-On LTR 24102B: This is a CD-Writer that can write at 24x, rewrite at 10x and read at 40x max. It’s a good drive and there are a lot of reviews on the net on this drive. Check CD Freaks own review here.
Lite-On LTR LTR-32123S: This is also a CD-Writer that can write at 32x, rewrite at 12x and read at 40x max. It’s a new drive and faster than the first model. I don’t know its capabilities regarding backing-up protected discs.

Lite-On LSD-081: This is a slim CD/DVD reader and not a writer… It can read CD-ROMs at 24x max and DVD’s at 8x max.
Lite-On LTD-163: This is a normal DVD player which can read normal CD-Roms at 48x and DVD’s at 16x max.

Both DVD’s should be fine readers. I know the 163 model is a great one. I don’t know about the 081 but this is a slim drive. I don’t know if you need this.

The choice is yours… The writers are both very fine drives and the major (and only?) difference it the (re-)writing speeds. 32x compared to 24x will only give you a small time advantage so I don’t think it’s worth the extra money you pay for a 32x writer.

G@M3FR3@K
You must work for Lite-On
Damn did you know all that info off the top of your head or were you actually bored and decided to research it all?
Dont get any more detailed than that.

Originally posted by T4Z
G@M3FR3@K
You must work for Lite-On
Damn did you know all that info off the top of your head or were you actually bored and decided to research it all?
Dont get any more detailed than that.

Nope I don’t work for them :slight_smile:

It’s amazing how much info you can find just by doing some research… People should try that more often! :wink:

The internet is indeed a vastly powerful tool for an experienced user :slight_smile:

I just cant see going through the trouble of looking up 4 diffrent drives to inform someone.

You are very generous!

Originally posted by T4Z
[B]I just cant see going through the trouble of looking up 4 diffrent drives to inform someone.

You are very generous! [/B]

We are very lucky to have G@M3FR3@K on this forum! He is a very good moderator and has an awefull lot of patience!

:smiley:

Agreed!!