Light-On 20A1L Will Not Burn

vbimport

Hi All

My lite-on 20A1L SATA doesn’t burn dvds anymore. When I first got it a couple of months ago, it worked fine and would burn a single layer dvd in under 5 minutes. However at some point, I’m not sure when, it stopped burning. It still plays and rips dvds fine though.

Ive recently reformatted my computer, installed all the latest drivers, and also updated the burners firmware to BL05, but the problem still persists.

I mainly use Image burn to burn dvds, and the error message I get is “Optimum Power Calibration Failed! Reason: No Additional Sense Information”. This happens with different brands of dvds including Verbatim and Memorex. I am using Image Burn version 2.4.0.0

My computer specs are Windows MCE 2005, 2g ram, 650 watt psu, asrock 4coredual vsta mobo.

Does anyone know what is wrong? If I need to provide any more info please ask. Ive included a log of the imgburn error.

Thanks

Welcome to the Forum, [B]err[/B]!

Which VIA Hyperion Pro driver version are you using now, and which version did you have on the previous install?

[QUOTE=err;2018896]Hi All

My lite-on 20A1L SATA doesn’t burn dvds anymore. When I first got it a couple of months ago, it worked fine and would burn a single layer dvd in under 5 minutes. However at some point, I’m not sure when, it stopped burning. It still plays and rips dvds fine though.

Ive recently reformatted my computer, installed all the latest drivers, and also updated the burners firmware to BL05, but the problem still persists.

I mainly use Image burn to burn dvds, and the error message I get is “Optimum Power Calibration Failed! Reason: No Additional Sense Information”. This happens with different brands of dvds including Verbatim and Memorex. I am using Image Burn version 2.4.0.0

My computer specs are Windows MCE 2005, 2g ram, 650 watt psu, asrock 4coredual vsta mobo.

Does anyone know what is wrong? If I need to provide any more info please ask. Ive included a log of the imgburn error.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Maybe unistalling this drive in the device manager then rebooting will do the trick?

Hi Guys

The VIA Hyperion Pro driver version I am using now is 5.15. Previously I believe I had the 5.10 version.

I will try uninstalling via the device manager and see if that works.

Thanks

I also tried uninstalling through the device manager and then rebooting.

I still get the same error.

In ImgBurn, go to Tools -> Settings -> Write (tab)
uncheck the box of Perform OPC Before Write

Try with the older 5.10 Hyperion drivers again if it worked with those before.

@Skylon

I tried what you suggested but my burner still doesn’t work. It did 20 write retries but still had the same error.

@Cressida

The burner worked initially with the 5.10 drivers, but stopped working while the 5.10 drivers were still installed. I recently installed the 5.15 drivers after a fresh reformat and got the same error. I dont think that the drivers are the problem

Thanks for the help so far people.

ImgBurn2.txt (7.87 KB)

Try a different brand of disks or/and lower burning speed.