Light changes from Red to Orange when burning

vbimport

Why is it that my LTR 32125 drive sometimes changes light from Red to Orange when burning? I didnt O/C this drive, it has the original firmware, the media that was used is a Sony 700MB/24x compatible CDR. Is this normal? Thanks

humblehyper,are you burning on the fly? If so, is your burner on the same IDE as the CD-ROM? That could explain it. Also it may be that your CD-ROM is not fast enough.

HTH, got to get some ZZZZs.

Originally posted by humblehyper
Why is it that my LTR 32125 drive sometimes changes light from Red to Orange when burning? I didnt O/C this drive, it has the original firmware, the media that was used is a Sony 700MB/24x compatible CDR. Is this normal? Thanks

Hi,

I reckon I know what you mean.

You commence burning to CD-R with settings probably @ MAX, no problems.

What actually happens is that the LTR-40125S / LTR-40125W and lower burn to CD-R by way of Zone-CLV Record.

What this means is that for say the LTR-40125S / LTR-40125W, the Write speed starts out @ 20X, then increases to 24X@8min mark, then increases to 32X@18min mark and finishes burning at 40X@53min mark.

For your LTR-32125, recording to CD-R is like this:

Recording 32X (4800KB/sec) Zone-CLV (16X, 20X@6min, 24X@16min, 32X@41min)

Each time it changes up to the next higher speed, BurnProof cuts in with the light going Orange, then the Read light return when writing returns at higher speed.

If you take a close look at the CD-R, you will see distinct RINGS, each ring designates a different speed.

Cheerz :slight_smile: :smiley: :wink:

Originally posted by 83bj60
[B]humblehyper,are you burning on the fly? If so, is your burner on the same IDE as the CD-ROM? That could explain it. Also it may be that your CD-ROM is not fast enough.

HTH, got to get some ZZZZs. [/B]

No, Im not burning on the fly, my source were actually on the hard disk (Primary Master) and the CDRW drive is on Primary Slave. If this is the Buffer Underrun being enabled (when the light turns orange) why did it turned on? Isnt it sufficient enough for a P3 800 with 300+ MB RAM running WinXP Pro? Whenever the light turns to orange it takes a lot of time burning a CD :(, what do you suggest? Change the OS? Thanks.

Originally posted by KennyC
[B]

Hi,

I reckon I know what you mean.

You commence burning to CD-R with settings probably @ MAX, no problems.

What actually happens is that the LTR-40125S / LTR-40125W and lower burn to CD-R by way of Zone-CLV Record.

What this means is that for say the LTR-40125S / LTR-40125W, the Write speed starts out @ 20X, then increases to 24X@8min mark, then increases to 32X@18min mark and finishes burning at 40X@53min mark.

For your LTR-32125, recording to CD-R is like this:

Each time it changes up to the next higher speed, BurnProof cuts in with the light going Orange, then the Read light return when writing returns at higher speed.

If you take a close look at the CD-R, you will see distinct RINGS, each ring designates a different speed.

Cheerz :slight_smile: :smiley: :wink: [/B]

I dont see any distinctive circular mark on the burned disc, from what you’ve explained, is this normal? Is there anything I can do to make the burning more faster and without this orange thing activating.

Hi,

OK, check your DMA settings, goto:

Start/Settings/Control Panel/System/Device Manager or Right-Click My Computer on DeskTop and select Hardware/Device Manager.

Now not sure what Operating Ststem you are running, but my UDMA settings are under:

IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, then I open and double-click the Primary or Secondary controller. (if Win9x/Me), maybe under DVD/CD-Rom Drives.

If CD-RW or DVD/CD-Rom is showing PIO, change to UDMA and Reboot.

If that doesn’t work, I saw someone posted that they deleted the culprit IDE channel in Device Manager and on rebooting, fixed the problem.

Sorry, but I’ve been using WinXP for so long I’ve forgotten about the other OS.

Cheerz :slight_smile: :smiley: :wink:

If u had read this sticky thread: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=42344
u would have read the answer to your question, the lights changes from red to orange to red a couple of times because of Z-CLV writing, look at the picture with the Z-CLV graph and u will understand

Originally posted by KennyC
[B]Hi,

OK, check your DMA settings, goto:

Start/Settings/Control Panel/System/Device Manager or Right-Click My Computer on DeskTop and select Hardware/Device Manager.

Now not sure what Operating Ststem you are running, but my UDMA settings are under:

IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, then I open and double-click the Primary or Secondary controller. (if Win9x/Me), maybe under DVD/CD-Rom Drives.

If CD-RW or DVD/CD-Rom is showing PIO, change to UDMA and Reboot.

If that doesn’t work, I saw someone posted that they deleted the culprit IDE channel in Device Manager and on rebooting, fixed the problem.

Sorry, but I’ve been using WinXP for so long I’ve forgotten about the other OS.

Cheerz :slight_smile: :smiley: :wink: [/B]

Im also using WinXP and yes Im also using UDMA on my Lite-On. Ive tried to uninstall the Primary IDE Channel and rebooted the system, seems like it should do the trick, but Ive run out of blank media, Ill let you know of my progress :slight_smile: thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

It did do the trick! :slight_smile: Im not experiencing buffer underruns anymore :slight_smile: also I forgot to mention that I disabled “Enable CD Recording on this drive” before the buffer underrun and enabled it now, :slight_smile: dunno if this makes any difference :slight_smile: Thanks!

and btw: The LTR-32125W uses P-CAV tech and not Z-CLV…

Only the LTR-32123S uses Z-CLV…

Originally posted by OC-Freak
and btw: The LTR-32125W uses P-CAV tech and not Z-CLV…

With which FW, OC?

:o

With every fw that runs on it, except ZS01-ZS0A.

Originally posted by alexnoe
With every fw that runs on it, except ZS01-ZS0A.

ZSxx FWs are for 40125S not for 32125W. :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Alejandra
[B]

ZSxx FWs are for 40125S not for 32125W. :stuck_out_tongue: [/B]

Yes he said every firmware that runs on it which means all firmwares for LTR-32125W, LTR-40125S, LTR-40125W and LTR-48125W, since the hardware is “identical” all these firmwares work and out of these only ZS01 to ZS0A is Z-CLV.

But if you want it straight: All firmwares for LTR-32125W is P-CAV.