Liggy's And Dee's NEC ND-3520 Modified Firmware Beta 2

vbimport

LD3520 Beta 2 (Liggy & Dee NEC ND-3520A firmware)

Package contents
Binflash + LD3520 Beta 2 Firmware
LD3520 beta 1 firmware BIN file for DOS, MAC and Linux users
Full documentation (please read)

NOTES
A Big thanks to Liggy for making his patcher compatible with the ND-3520A drive
This firmware is only compatible with NEC ND-3520 and IO-DATA rebadge
DO NOT try and FLASH a ND-3500 or rebadges drive with this firmware.

Changes
All the speedups from LD3520 Beta 1
Added MCC 02
Added FUJIFILM02
Require scans to be submitted. Thanks

LD Firmware Mini FAQ

Q: Which NEC firmware is this firmware based on?
A: This firmware is based on IO-DATA ND-3520A firmware 1.24 with AUTO Bitsetting with riplock removed and RPC1

Q: How do i flash my drive with this firmware?
A: The firmware is now bundled with LiggysBinflash Unzip then run the package, now click on the FLASH button. The firmware will now be uploaded onto your drive, when completed you will be prompted to restart your PC.

Q: What are the risks of flashing my drive with this firmware?
A: Great care has been taken to make sure your drive is not damaged in any way by using this firmware. However, you flash your drive with this firmware at your own risk. Neither I, Liggy, or cdfreaks will be held responsible if your drive or media is damaged in any way.

Q: Will flashing my drive with this firmware void my guarantee?
A: Yes, flashing your drive with any unofficial firmware will null your guarantee. If something should go wrong with your drive, you should buy a new one and not RMA the drive.

Q: Why do i not get good results when i burn media on the modified media list at MAX speed?
A: This is largely down to the quality of your media. If the speedups don’t give you good results. Set the burn speed lower. This firmware will give good results at the stated stock firmware speed, without having to flash back to a stock firmware.

Q: What about media not on the modified media list?
A: All media both SL and DL not listed in the modified media table use the default NEC STOCK write strategies and speeds. If you don’t get the results you expect with media not in the modified list, this is a limitation of the media or drive, not this firmware.

Q: How do i set SL bitsetting for +R media?
A: This firmware AUTO Bitsets +R media with booktype DVD-ROM

Q: How do i use DL +R bitsetting?
A: This firmware AUTO Bitsets +R DL media with booktype DVD-ROM

Submitting test results
Please state the LD firmware version used for the burn, the media type (MID code) and the burn speed.

If possible burn a disc with NERO CD-DVD Speed (create data disc) and save the burn screenshot by clicking on the disc icon at the top of the window.

Also submit a (data transfer test) Using the ND-3520 or ND-3500AG, again saving the screenshot from CD-DVD Speed

Disc Quality scans can be submitted with (Liteon drives) using K-Probe @4X scan speed or CD-DVD Speed (disc quality) @4X scan speed.

If scanning with a Benq drive. use CD-DVD Speed (disc Quality) @8X scan speed.

PS: Before posting in this thread, please read the documentation supplied

For our NEC ND-3500 firmwares. View this thread

RITEK G05 -> Custom Strategy 1
RITEK G04 -> Custom Strategy 1
RITEK M02 -> Custom Strategy 1
RITEK M03 -> Custom Strategy 1
MCC02RG20 -> Custom Strategy 1
MCC01RG20 -> Custom STrategy 1
CMC MAG AE1 -> Custom Strategy 1
CMC MAG AE2 -> Custom Strategy 1
CMC MAG AE3 -> Custom Strategy 1
CMC MAG AE4 -> Custom Strategy 1
CMC MAG AE5 -> Custom Strategy 1

PRODISC R03 -> Custom Strategy 2
MAXELL 02 -> Custom Strategy 2
CMC MAG E01 -> Custom Strategy 2

PRODISCS03 -> Custom Strategy 3
PRODISCS04 -> Custom Strategy 3
PRODISCS05 -> Custom Strategy 3
PRODISCS06 -> Custom Strategy 3
PRODISCS07 -> Custom Strategy 3
PRODISCF01 -> Custom Strategy 3 
MXL RG02 -> Custom Strategy 3

MCC003 -> Custom Strategy 4
YUDEN000T01 -> Custom Strategy 4

TTG02 -> Custom Strategy 5
TTG03 -> Custom Strategy 5
TTG04 -> Custom Strategy 5
TTG05 -> Custom Strategy 5
TTG06 -> Custom Strategy 5

TYG01 ->TYG02
RICOHJPNR00 -> RICHOHJPNR01
RICOHJPNR01 -> RICOHJPNR02
SONY04D1 -> MCC01RG20
RITEKR03-01 -> RITEK R03
PRODISCR02 -> YUDEN000T01
RICOHJPNR02 -> YUDEN000T02
FUJIFILM02 -> MCC02RG20
MCC 02 -> YUDEN000T01

Notes
Custom Strategy 1
2X 4X 6X 8X = MCC01RG20
10X 12X = MCC02RG20

Custom Strategy 2
2.4X 4X 6X 8X = PRODISCR03
10X 12X = MCC02RG20

Custom Strategy 3
2X 4X 6X 8X = PRODISCS04
10X 12X = MCC02RG20

Custom Strategy 4
2.4X 4X 6X 8X = MCC04
10X 12X = MCC02RG20

Custom Strategy 5
2X 4X 6X 8X TTG02
10X 12X MCC02RG20

I hope the strategies will have the same effect as in 3500 firmwares…

At least it’s almost the same strategies as in 3500…

Thanks Liggy & Dee ! :bow:

Thanks Dee and Liggy. I already flashed my 3520 drive and updated my firmware page with this release. Philips C16 from 8x to 12x will be tested as soon as possible.

Ricoh JPNR02 burned at 16X LD3520 Beta 1

Better than the stock firmware at 12X

Not only is the ND-3500 a better writer at the moment, its also a better reader.
Two transfer tests submitted
pic 1 in ND-3500
pic 2 is ND-3520

RICOHJPNR02(TDK Brand)
picture 1: burn with L&D_Beta1 at 16x, burn time: 06:09
picture 2: burn with stock fw: v1.04 at 12x

Really a BIG improvement :slight_smile:

Why would NEC release such a crappy f/w? Pitiful

I would if I were them :wink:
Get the drive in the market fast, then the firmware can be improoved afterwards (they must have definetely wanted to catch the Christmas-new year market). I was going to rely on what results people get with unofficial firmwares & with what strategies. Will save a lot of work for NEC that they had to do it completely by themselves.

Well it is NEC policy to get it out early as It is with everyone nowadays with DVD Writers being such a highly contested market. We await the next 2 or 3 firmwares b4 some really good strats can be found as with previous NEC writers.
The fact still remains that although not as good as we would like, Dee has shown that discs are readable at least with low PI on her test media which I know is A grade so the hope is there!..

Now all I have to do is wait another week for my 3520 so I can do some testing…:frowning:

CMC MAG E01(e-blue brand) @12x
burn time: 06:55

Could someone PLEAZ post this beta firmware somewhere else that has a wider broadband? I’ve been trying to download it from the linked site but it keeps on stopping at less than 30%! Thnx…

This firmware is located on cdfreaks… and I think it has a very wide broadband :wink:

Taiyo Yuden YUDEN000T02 4.2 gig DVD-Video (LD3520 beta1 burned at 8X)

At least this drive is capable of burning media at its rated speed, with very good results.

flashed this firmware last night, it sucessfully burned my RITEK/RIDATA 8x dvd-r’s at 12x ! I burnt 3 so far, no problems, even verified them.

Does this version really have riplock removed? because people told me rip lock off would make the drive loud during dvd playback, but when I tested playback I couldnt hear the drive at all! :slight_smile:

What are the other advantages of this firmware over the original?

BTW, this drive rocks, so does newegg for delivering cross country in 2 days intime for newyears (arrived newyears eve).

Over the stock NEC 3520 firmware.
It has the following advantages
Bitsetting on +R +RW media and AUTO sets booktype to DVD-ROM for better compatibility with set top boxes.
RIPLOCK removed for faster DVD ripping. Upto 16X on SL pressed discs and upto 7X on DL pressed discs
Region ALL. No region lock
Faster burning on media in the speedup list.

Glad you like the firmware Bsr :slight_smile:

Does it seem that the reading capabilities of this drive get better with newer firmware or is it a Hardware problem??
The reason i ask is because i cant decide on the 3500 or 3520…

3520 !!! I love it

Take the 3520. Newer firmwares will come in time which also was the case with the 3500 drive.