Liggy & Dee NEC ND-3530 Modified Firmware V 1.V1

vbimport

LD3530 1.V1 (Liggy & Dee NEC ND-3530A firmware)

Package contents
Version Release Date 23/05/2005
Binflash + LD3530 1.V1 Firmware
Binflash + LD3530 1.V1 Quiet Firmware
The firmware package can be used with Windows, DOS, Linux or MAC. (see minifaq)
Please make sure you read the documentation included in the package.

NOTES
LD3530 1.V1
RIPLOCK REMOVED for fast DVD ripping

LD3530 1.V1 QUIET
RIPLOCK enabled for quiet DVD playback on your PC. Please note, this will only playback slow on pressed DVD’s. DVD-R and +R media will still play at full drive speed. This is a feature of the STOCK NEC firmware.

Both firmwares share the same strategy edits and speedups.

A Big thanks to Liggy for making his patcher compatible with the ND-3530A drive, and his Binflash flasher utility packaged with this firmware.
An extra big thanks to Liggy for his new bitsetting 3.01 firmware
This firmware is only compatible with NEC ND-3530A
DO NOT try and FLASH a ND-3500, ND-3520 ND-3540 drive with this firmware.

LD Firmware Mini FAQ

Q: Which NEC firmware is this firmware based on?
A: This firmware is based on Liggy’s 3.01 Bitsetting firmware with version and name string changed to ND-3530A 1.V1, with riplock removed and RPC1

Q: How do i flash my drive with this firmware?
A: The firmware is now bundled with Liggys Binflash Unzip then run the package, now click on the FLASH button. The firmware will now be uploaded onto your drive, when completed you will be prompted to restart your PC.

To Flash a drive in DOS, LINUX or MAC. Use a current version of Binflash. Run Binflash with the commands necessary to load the firmware package. Binflash will accept either a .BIN or a .EXE file and flash your drive.

Q: What are the risks of flashing my drive with this firmware?
A: Great care has been taken to make sure your drive is not damaged in any way by using this firmware. However, you flash your drive with this firmware at your own risk. Neither I, Liggy, or cdfreaks will be held responsible if your drive or media is damaged in any way.

Q: Will flashing my drive with this firmware void my guarantee?
A: Yes, flashing your drive with any unofficial firmware will null your guarantee. If something should go wrong with your drive, you should buy a new one and not RMA the drive.

Q: Do I need special IDE drivers when running this firmware on my drive?
A Like all optical drives. It has been proven they work best when using Microsoft’s default IDE drivers. This is a must for this firmware.

Q: Why do i not get good results when i burn media on the modified media list at MAX speed?
A: This is largely down to the quality of your media. If the speedups don’t give you good results. Set the burn speed lower. This firmware will give good results at the stated stock firmware speed, without having to flash back to a stock firmware.

Q: What about media not on the modified media list?
A: All media both SL and DL not listed in the modified media table use the default NEC STOCK write strategies and speeds. If you don’t get the results you expect with media not in the modified list, this is a limitation of the media or drive, not this firmware.

Q: How do i set SL bitsetting for +R media?
A: Use CD Speed or WinBtype to set booktype to DVD-ROM This setting is remembered by the drive and only needs set once. Make sure no disc is in the drive.

Q: How do i use DL +R bitsetting?
A: Use CD Speed or WinBtype to set booktype to DVD-ROM This setting is remembered by the drive and only needs set once. Make sure no disc is in the drive.

Q: How do i use DVD+RW bitsetting?

Note

Submitting test results
Please state the LD firmware version used for the burn, the media type (MID code) and the burn speed.

If possible burn a disc with NERO CD-DVD Speed (create data disc) and save the burn screenshot by clicking on the disc icon at the top of the window.

Also submit a (data transfer test) Using the ND-3540A, again saving the screenshot from CD-DVD Speed

Disc Quality scans can be submitted with NEC Drives using CD-Speed with scan speed set at 5X or 8X
Note Version 3.75 or higher is required for PI/PIF scanning on the NEC drives.

Below is some additional info from the author of CD-Speed.

(Liteon drives) using K-Probe @4X scan speed or CD-DVD Speed (disc quality) @4X scan speed.

If scanning with a Benq drive. use CD-DVD Speed (disc Quality) @8X scan speed.

DOWNLOAD LINKS
NOTE We do not allow offsite linking to these files. You may also have to temporarily switch off any firewall or similar software you are running.

You can download LD3530 1.V1 firmware here

PS: Before posting in this thread, please read the documentation supplied

Thanks Dee & Liggy!

What is the difference between this FW and the 3.01 with RP removed?
Just curious! I wll flash this weekend!

You can see it for yourself. Just look at the image with write strategies that Dee supplied in the first post.

This firmware contains about the same speed patches that we applied to the 3540 firmware.

Thanks for the FW flashing 3.01 to 1.01. Strange number sequence? Looks like max 002 is 12X.

T = 3500
U = 3520
V = 3530
W = 3540

X = 4550?
Y = ?
Z = ?
:slight_smile:

Works good so far! Thanks Dee and Liggy. :bow:

(ND3530A Ritek R03 @8x 1.V1)

My old ND3500 2.TD @8x and Benq @12x has better scans than this. Maybe the Write Strategy needs work? I don’t know. :confused:

BTW, LIggy & Dee Thanks for all the hard work!!!