Liggy And Dee NEC ND-3520AW Modified Firmware V 2.U5 Results and Support Thread

vbimport

hi MonsieurGonzo.

I would want to clean my nec, but i don’t understand english very well :stuck_out_tongue:
don’t u have some kind of tuturial/site with photos to better understanding of what has to be done?

what is the brand of those dvd+r u tested above?

Eu uso TAIYO YUDEN brand 8X DVD+R.

procedimento para limpar seu NEC ND3520 :

(1) pressione a tecla para abrir seu ND3520.

(2) desligue seu PC.

(3) abra seu PC e desconecte os cabos do poder e do sinal.

(4) desaparafuse a montagem e remova seu ND3520.

(5) use uma chave de fenda pequena nas abas plásticas da montagem estalar fora da placa dianteira dianteira.

(6) remova os seis parafusos sob o ND3520.

(7) remova a tampa do metal.

(8) você verá uma “jóia pequena” - este é o laser…

(9) …limpe isto com Q-derrubam e o álcool de 99%

(10) se você vir alguma poeira, limpe isto…

(11) o laser desliza em dois trilhos de aço; a bandeja do disco move-se nos trilhos plásticos…

(12) limpe um pouco muito “da graxa branca” nestas superfícies de deslizamento.

remonte e instale seu ND3520.

hey falas português! eheh
hard to find those TAIYO YUDEN here in Portugal… really hard

e muito obrigado pelas explicações na lingua de Camões.

fica bem!

Is there any new firmwares coming to 3520 or is it too “old” drive allready? :rolleyes:

good question

can someone help a newbie here?

I upgraded to this version firmware, I burn dvds with DVD Shrink, I have burned 2 DVDs and neither will work on any of my dvd players? Are there any settings I need to change after I have upgraded? Thanks for any help, PM me if youd like.

I would consider 2.U3 and 3.06(liggy’s) to be fully mature, shrink doesn’t burn dvd’s,
never has never will.

burn slower buy better media

I am using supposrted media CMC MAG AE1

like I said buy better media and burn slower

I’m currently usng Liggy’s 3.06 orig bitsetting firmware. Just wondering does Dee’s 2.U3 firmware supports bitsetting? If not, what burn strategy does Dee use for OPTODISCOR8? Cause i want to burn them @12x.

It does do bitsetting, and it also does burn OPTODISKOR8 at 12x :slight_smile: There’s a table in the first post in the thread showing what burn speeds it can do.

good luck you’ll need it
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia.php?selectmedia=1734#comments

thx tobyv for the info. but i knew it burn OPTODISKOR8 at 12x, i just want to know what strategy.

1x - 8x OPTODISC0R8 10x - 12x MCC02RG20 with lowered laser power.
All 8x - 12x rated burns use Z-CLV, all 16x rated use Z-CLV 6x - 8x and CAV for 12x - 16x.

Quick question… Where can i get the 3520 firmware update? I wanna use the 2.U3, but every firmware i try to download from L&D’s site reports that it is an empty zip file with both winRAR and winZIP.

Disregard above question I found the files I need at another site and they’re not empty. thanks

Shrink doesn’t burn DVDs, it just encodes them and sometimes decrypts them but as for burning you have to use another burning proggy.

shrink calls up nero or dvdd(imgburn w/hack) to burn with after decrypting/ripping/transcoding.

when downloading SAVE not open du’oh

I posted in the Media Forum that I am getting terrible results when burning TY media (DVD-R code TYG03) on my 3520. I am currently running Liggy’s 3.06+bitsetting firmware.

1. Should I update my firmware to 2.U3 ? It seems to me that Liggy’s 3.06+bitsetting and 2.U3 are both built on NEC’s 3.06 firmware.

2. Dee posted that she burns -R media at 12x in the 3520. I’ll try this too when I get home tonight.

3. Has anyone else had problems burning TY media in a 3520?

4. The DVDs that I am burning fill the DVD to almost the maximum capacity (I am burning 4480MB). My scans are showing a lot of errors near the end of the scan. Am I trying to squeeze too much onto the disk?

Thanks (especially to Liggy and Dee)!

Gedman

1. Dee posted that she burns -R media at 12x in the 3520. I’ll try this too when I get home tonight.

dee can do a lot of things, try 8x

1. Has anyone else had problems burning TY media in a 3520?

my 3 3520’s do fine with it

1. The DVDs that I am burning fill the DVD to almost the maximum capacity (I am burning 4480MB). My scans are showing a lot of errors near the end of the scan. Am I trying to squeeze too much onto the disk?

Yes

I have been testing one of my setups by 16x COF and burning 2 dvd’s at 4x
simulatenously with 2 different programs, a few here can do that with their
computers, not everyone.

Thanks rbrtpl.

Is there a recommended maximum amount of data to try and burn onto a standard DVD?

What is COF?

Gedman