Liggy And Dee NEC ND-3520 Modified Firmware Version 1.UA

vbimport

LD3520 1.UA (Liggy & Dee NEC ND-3520A firmware)

Package contents
Binflash + LD3520 1.UA Firmware
Binflash + LD3520 1.UA Quiet Firmware
The firmware package can be used with Windows, DOS, Linux or MAC. (see minifaq)
Please make sure you read the documentation included in the package.

NOTES
LD3520 1.UA
RIPLOCK REMOVED for fast DVD ripping

LD3520 1.UA QUIET
RIPLOCK enabled for quiet DVD playback on your PC. Please note, this will only playback slow on pressed DVD’s. DVD-R and +R media will still play at full drive speed. This is a feature of the STOCK NEC firmware.

Both firmwares share the same strategy edits and speedups.

A Big thanks to Liggy for making his patcher compatible with the ND-3520A drive, and his Binflash flasher utility packaged with this firmware.
Thanks to TDB for the RPC1 patch
This firmware is only compatible with NEC ND-3520 and IO-DATA rebadge
DO NOT try and FLASH a ND-3500 or rebadges drive with this firmware.

Changes
Now packaged with Binflash 1.15
RITEK F1 – F5 speeded to 16X
PRINCO 2X speeded to 4X
PRINCO 4X speeded to 8X
RITEK R03 Rev 3 speeded to 12X all other revisions remain at 8X
Full media table included in the documentation

LD Firmware Mini FAQ

Q: Which NEC firmware is this firmware based on?
A: This firmware is based on MD16 firmware 1.F3 with version and name string changed to ND-3520A 1.U9, with Bitsetting with riplock removed and RPC1

Q: How do i flash my drive with this firmware?
A: The firmware is now bundled with Liggys Binflash Unzip then run the package, now click on the FLASH button. The firmware will now be uploaded onto your drive, when completed you will be prompted to restart your PC.

To Flash a drive in DOS, LINUX or MAC. Use a current version of Binflash. Run Binflash with the commands necessary to load the firmware package. Binflash will accept either a .BIN or a .EXE file and flash your drive.

Q: What are the risks of flashing my drive with this firmware?
A: Great care has been taken to make sure your drive is not damaged in any way by using this firmware. However, you flash your drive with this firmware at your own risk. Neither I, Liggy, or cdfreaks will be held responsible if your drive or media is damaged in any way.

Q: Will flashing my drive with this firmware void my guarantee?
A: Yes, flashing your drive with any unofficial firmware will null your guarantee. If something should go wrong with your drive, you should buy a new one and not RMA the drive.

Q: Why do i not get good results when i burn media on the modified media list at MAX speed?
A: This is largely down to the quality of your media. If the speedups don’t give you good results. Set the burn speed lower. This firmware will give good results at the stated stock firmware speed, without having to flash back to a stock firmware.

Q: What about media not on the modified media list?
A: All media both SL and DL not listed in the modified media table use the default NEC STOCK write strategies and speeds. If you don’t get the results you expect with media not in the modified list, this is a limitation of the media or drive, not this firmware.

Q: How do i set SL bitsetting for +R media?
A: Use CD Speed or WinBtype to set booktype to DVD-ROM This setting is remembered by the drive and only needs set once. Make sure no disc is in the drive.

Q: How do i use DL +R bitsetting?
A: Use CD Speed or WinBtype to set booktype to DVD-ROM This setting is remembered by the drive and only needs set once. Make sure no disc is in the drive.

Q: How do i use DVD+RW bitsetting?
Note

Submitting test results
Please state the LD firmware version used for the burn, the media type (MID code) and the burn speed.

If possible burn a disc with NERO CD-DVD Speed (create data disc) and save the burn screenshot by clicking on the disc icon at the top of the window.

Also submit a (data transfer test) Using the ND-3520 or ND-3500AG, again saving the screenshot from CD-DVD Speed

Disc Quality scans can be submitted with (Liteon drives) using K-Probe @4X scan speed or CD-DVD Speed (disc quality) @4X scan speed.

If scanning with a Benq drive. use CD-DVD Speed (disc Quality) @4X scan speed.

DOWNLOAD LINKS
NOTE We do not allow offsite linking to these files. You may also have to temporarily switch off any firewall or similar software you are running.

You can download LD3520 1.UA firmware here

Note
We do NOT offer support for previous beta versions

PS: Before posting in this thread, please read the documentation supplied

For our NEC ND-3500 firmwares. View this thread

You may also like to read a review on this firmware on cdfreaks.
To read the review click here

Still waiting for a confirmation these MBI 01RG20 can really be burned at 8x :confused:
My Memorex MBI 01RG20 are horrible even at 4x.
I only have some few left but i´d like to beware others to kill their media.
Otherwise, thank you for working on and improving things!!

Thnx Dee for the update

Thanks Dee.

How about making +RW media burn from 4x to 8x/12x/16x ?

hehe, I bought my 3520 today, nice to see a new flash the same day. I am gonna check it out now.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
Thank You Dee

Thank you!! :bow: :bow:

Dee did u change the write stategies for the Infome R20?
Or is it just a bad/strange disk?

I’d bet it was a bad disc LeXuZ.I get those kinda results with RITEKG05 stuff all the time.It’s just the drive slowing down to make the quality of the burn acceptable,which means that there’s a flaw in the disc(quality).

Thanx for the info Nosmartz

Nice. You guys are awesome. One question though. I’ve been doing some testing with 1.U6, and now 1.U7, with Riplock removed. Even with this riplock-removed firmware, my ripping speeds (using a typical, store-bought movie DVD) are IDENTICAL to the original 1.04 firmware. Somewhere between 2X and 4X. Can you confirm that the riplock removal is correctly implemented in this firmware? I mean, as far as I can tell, the riplock removal in this firmware has absolutely no effect on ripping speed. Maybe that’s normal with this NEC 3520A drive, but I just thought I’d ask.

Kook

I haven’t seen anyone yet do a disc at over 8x(DL) with the 3520.I could be wrong but I haven’t seen it.That’s why I use a dvd rom(10x) :slight_smile:

Thanx Dee,You absolutely rawk.The MAXELL’s are back.I owe you for these.I’m quite happy needless to say.

Maxell 002(just a tiny dip at the end but that should be OK).
burn’t at 8x
time:9:47

Maxell RG02
burn’t at 8x
time:9:48

Not that this really matters, but one of the installer packages has a typo. It’s name is LD 3250 instead of 3520.

Again, don’t mean to nit-pick, but I figured the authors would eventually want to fix. :slight_smile:

H

good catch. :slight_smile:

Dee, what’s the status of the Verbatim 16x MCC 004 write strategy? Will it change in light of the results some people were having in beta 6? You mentioned here that you might go back to the beta 4 strat.

Well spotted :slight_smile: Sorted now
me bad :o :stuck_out_tongue:

@joeroyhud
After double checking MCC004. It was left as it was.

Hey guys! thanks for the new firmware lol! bought a 3520 yesterday and flashed it twice already! but still a question…do you ppl have the possibility to take a look at That’s Write DVD-R 4.7Gb 8x dics? I’ve got like 100s of them but i can only burn them at 4x :frowning:
Anyways, thanks!

what brand and media code are they?

this is the information that i get from it

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:LEADDATA01]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
Manufacturer Name : [Lead Data Inc.]
Manufacturer ID : [LEADDATA01]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4,489.3MB = 4.38GB (4.71GB)]

** INFO : Drive = _NEC DVD_RW ND-3520A [FW 1.U6]
** INFO : Disc = [DVD-R:LEADDATA01]

** INFO : GET PERFORMANCE Write Speed Descriptor(s)
Descriptor #1 = 5540 KBPS ( 4.00x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV]
Descriptor #2 = 2770 KBPS ( 2.00x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV]

Drives
Descriptor #1 = 8467 KBPS ( 6.00x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV]
Descriptor #2 = 7056 KBPS ( 5.09x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV] - [Invalid Entry]
Descriptor #3 = 5645 KBPS ( 4.00x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV]
Descriptor #4 = 4234 KBPS ( 3.06x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV] - [Invalid Entry]
Descriptor #5 = 2822 KBPS ( 2.00x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV]
Descriptor #6 = 1411 KBPS ( 1.00x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV]
** WARNING : Drive May Have Returned Incorrect Descriptors

** INFO : Hex Dump Of ‘Control Data Zone’-Block Listed Below
** INFO : 4-Byte Header Preceding ‘CDZ’-Block Discarded
** INFO : Format 10h - Format Information Of Control Data Zone
0000 : 25 0f 02 00 00 03 00 00 00 26 12 7f 00 00 00 00 %…&…

** INFO : Hex Dump Of ‘Media Code’-Block Listed Below
** INFO : 4-Byte Header Preceding ‘Media Code’-Block Discarded
** INFO : Format 0Eh - Pre-Recorded Information In Lead-In
0000 : 01 40 80 12 23 00 52 00 02 88 0e 13 87 88 80 00 .@…#.R…
0010 : 03 4c 45 41 44 44 41 00 04 54 41 30 31 00 00 00 .LEADDA…TA01…
0020 : 05 88 80 00 00 00 01 00 06 06 14 11 87 78 80 00 …x…
0030 : 07 88 80 00 00 00 00 00 08 03 1b 0f 11 0b 0b 00 …
0040 : 09 97 08 0f 0b 00 00 00 0a 00 00 00 00 00 10 00 …
0050 : 0b 06 1c 13 a8 88 65 00 0c 98 9a 88 80 00 00 00 …e…
0060 : 0d 00 00 d0 00 00 00 00 00 00 …

[ DVD Identifier - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]