Life is good!

vbimport

Hello,

A month ago I got my first SSD a Crucial M4 128, last week I put in a 90gb HyperX in the thing PC. My wife uses that PC the most and she liked the performance “it’s like a new fast computer”. I told her it would be nice if I had a 240/256gb drive.

So today I get my father’s day card and we normally go to dinner. Inside the card was a note saying “no dinner tonight check your email”. So I check my email and now I have a 256gb M4 on it’s way.

I go from no SSD to all of my PC’s with a SSD boot drive… life is good

HAPPY FATHER’s DAY :clap:

Congrats Mrloren. I’ve got the same one coming my way, but had to order it myself. Now lets see if I can install it without screwing something up. :slight_smile:

By the way, how do you mount your ssd? Do you have a kit to make it fit a regular hard drive slot, or do you have another method?

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2638658]Congrats Mrloren. I’ve got the same one coming my way, but had to order it myself. Now lets see if I can install it without screwing something up. :slight_smile:

By the way, how do you mount your ssd? Do you have a kit to make it fit a regular hard drive slot, or do you have another method?[/QUOTE]

Yo Kerry-

Best way is with a 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 drive bay adapter which may come with the new drive or can be found for around $5 on www.amazon.com

@mrloren - great gift!! - especially for a guy that a month ago was worried that he would be sleeping on the couch if the wife found ut he had just bought a $120 SSD-eh!!

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2638658]Congrats Mrloren. I’ve got the same one coming my way, but had to order it myself. Now lets see if I can install it without screwing something up. :slight_smile:

By the way, how do you mount your ssd? Do you have a kit to make it fit a regular hard drive slot, or do you have another method?[/QUOTE]

Velcro…:clap:

By the way, how do you mount your ssd? Do you have a kit to make it fit a regular hard drive slot, or do you have another method?

Double sided tape works good

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2638667]
@mrloren - great gift!! - especially for a guy that a month ago was worried that he would be sleeping on the couch if the wife found ut he had just bought a $120 SSD-eh!![/QUOTE]

I did get in the dog house for a bit after I got the M4 128. I took the chance and used my spending cash for the HyperX and put it in the thing PC she uses. She went from a slow old 160 GB SATA1 drive to SSD. She always complained about how slow the PC was, now she is on it every day for hours with her facebook and making her photo shows. I told her for father’s day I wanted a 256gb drive and gee for the first time I got what I wanted for father’s day except my car is still dirty, thanks kids!

Received my Newegg package yesterday installed the drive with win 7 pro did the Sean’s guide and life is good.

Yo mrloren-

Check to make sure you have the latest firmware for both of your new your new M4’s = [B]000F[/B]

If not - go here: http://www.crucial.com/support/firmware.aspx?AID=10273954&PID=3332167&SID=u00000626

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2639026]Yo mrloren-

Check to make sure you have the latest firmware for both of your new your new M4’s = [B]000F[/B]

The 256 shipped with 000F and I already updated the 128 to 000f. I like the Crucial boot disk updater, makes it nice and easy.