License Key question

Hi

I am a registered owner of AnyDVD. I have a license key number. I recently had to re-format my hard drive, so I had to reinstall the software. I downloaded the latest version (5.6.1.1) three days ago and since then its been running in the trial version . I have tried and tried to enter my license key to activate it, but I can’t seem to find out how to do it. The FAQ has an answer that tells me to look for the key.exe file located inside the AnyDVD folder. I can’t find a file like that and I also went into the settings and had no luck there either. Could someone please lay out for me what to do to activate this trial version with my license key? Thank you.

Ron Berard (Berardway)

Hey and welcome to CDFs!

Just double-click on the key file itself. It should then tell the you full path to the key file and to start AnyDVD to check the registration has gone OK. Start up AnyDVD and go into the setting, then the last tab. It should say somthing like ‘Registered to Ron Berard’. This is what the file should look like:

Good Luck!

VH
:slight_smile:

Thanks for the response. You start off by telling me to just double-click the " Key" file. That is my question. WHERE IS THIS FILE? Is it in my SLYSOFT/ANYDVD folder on my c drive, or is it somewhere in the settings tab on the launched software?

Hey,
Oh sorry, I didn’t realise that you were asking WHERE the key was. The key would have been E-mailed to you. If you didn’t keep a copy of the E-mail or the file itself, then you will have to contact the company you borght the key from. They may be able to replace it for you.

VH

Thanks, man. I did recover my old e-mail with serial, order number as well as Product Key. I dclicked and it stated my AnyDVD would go from trial to registered version on re-start. It didn’t, so I e-mailed support and hope they will clerify things for me. Thanks again so much for your help.

Ron (Berardway)

One thing you can (tho you may have already tryed this) try is running the ‘Key Wizard’ prog in the AnyDVD dir. You can run it via the Start menu: Start > Programs > SlySoft > AnyDVD > ‘Register AnyDVD’. If that doesn’t work then you will need to speak to the company you got the key from.

VH

yes just got one also, and the first thing they warn you about is put it in a safe place or copy it to cd/dvd etc, cause they cant replace lost registration keys

Everything taken care of. Jill Anderson with customer support sent me an e-mail with new product key. I guess since I had my order and serial number to give them, they were able to track my initial order and sent me a new one with no questions ask. Great response from a damn good company. Thanks everybody for your assistance. This is some good forum.

Ron (Berardway)

Glad to hear you sorted it out.

VH