License Acquisition Problem with WMA

vbimport

Looks like Napster is up to something else to stop this cracking.

Now when trying to open any of the .wma files downloaded from Napster a box comes up asking for a “License Acquisition”. It asks if you are a Napster Subscriber or Napster Light User, so I click on Napster Subscriber since I am one, then it says you need to Napster open, which it was, then it says you need to add the song to your Library which I tried but when trying to add it does not show up. The songs that do show up, where do they go?!?

Anybody having this problem?!?!? Seems like there isn’t going to be a new way. What I noticed is that this happened after installing Musicstacker, so uninstalled but still samething.

Any ideas? Please!!! :slight_smile:

rofl then use musicstacker ADVERTISE MORE PLEASE!

Thanks. Contacted Napster and they send me a DRM Reset file and you just launch Napster. It worked but not for all the files, so now some of them play but some still ask for the license. Napster never get back to me yet.

what you need to do is have napster open and logged in while you are playing/recording :slight_smile:

Thanks xfuzion, but it still does not work. here are screenshots of the license. on the first screen i click “napster subscriber” but on the next screen it says add the files to your library, but when trying to do this the wma files do not show up.

another question, need to have napster open when using tunebite and advanced mp3 converter?

thanks!

hmm you’re right I think after you play so many protected wma’s you have to open napster for it to update DRM and let you play more…

I get average of atleast 60 songs straight though.

have napster opened but some of the songs still does not play?!?

I dunno it just happens :expressionless: just run down the tunebite log and see what ones you gotta redo/fix.

I have this with a couple tracks from buymusic.com. Real PITA. Usually have to email them 3 or 4 times to get the “licence reset”.

I guess I should feel lucky I haven’t had this problem . . . :cool:

i’m not sure what the problem is, but i’ve noticed that if i redownload the songs that give this message it plays fine. but i’ve already downloaded over 5gbs just in the 2 weeks of the trail period and don’t want to redownload everything. just got a response back from napster support, they said to give support a call since resetting the drm did not work. mean it did work for most of the wma files but some still asks for the license.

i am trying to sync. my music from computer (my cds)to my telephone i can see the music syncing into phone when sync is complete try to play music i get statment license acquistion required someone please help rookie :confused:

Hi and Welcome!

could you explain detailled how you are trying to get the music from a CD to your phone? What format is used? What software? Are your CDs unprotected?
I suspect, you’ll just to have to change some settings in your sync or converting software.

Michael

[QUOTE=sstorey;1875554]i am trying to sync. my music from computer (my cds)to my telephone i can see the music syncing into phone when sync is complete try to play music i get statment license acquistion required someone please help rookie :confused:[/QUOTE]

look for DRM Ripper… it will solve this issue for music, and videos.
Also read this aricle: http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/09/09/crack-remove-and-disable-windows-media-player-drm-license-acquisition-and-music-copy-protection-with-fairuse4wm/