Libdvdcss-2.dll doesn't work

vbimport

Hi Guys,

Haven’t been here for a while. Seems I only come here when I have a problem. :sad:
I should be :bow: to you all.

First, I’ll state the OS & DNC ver. I have and then the problem:

1. Win XP Pro
  2. DVD neXt COPY neXt Tech V4: ver. 4.5.0.6
  3. [Plug-ins] machinist2<>AnyDVD / DVD43<>libdvdcss-2.dll [using at present libdvdcss-2.dll]

Problem:
Getting “encryption error” with “House of Cards” season 2 Disk one [want to make copy to loan friend because we all have “friends” who don’t return stuff in a “timely manner” :rolleyes: :rolleyes: and don’t want to loan the original].

Never had this problem before after originally getting the machinist 1 & then ver. 2.
When attempting this copy, it said to get the libdvdcss-2.dll, which I did. Installed it and rebooted and then tried again but same error message.

Ended up using AnyDVD to “image” and then make DVD successfully. Shouldn’t have to do this, right?!!?

Hope I gave you enough info, but would like a solution. And yes!!! Will be getting Windows 7 64 w/20 gigs memory. Soon, but not tomorrow. :smiley:

Thanks in advance, you guys are always sooo helpful.

Ellen

After you installed libdvdcss-2.dll did you go into the program and change over to libdvdcss-2.dll as the decryptor.

Marty

Yes I have. Right off the bat. Maybe use a different one?
Thanks but still need help.
Ellen

Maybe this DVD has some type of structural protection that libdvdcss-2 cannot handle?

This is the reason so many use AnyDVD for decryption.

Hey Kerry,
How come I had the feeling you were right? LOL
That’s why I bought it in the first place, any DVD.
Works when ya need it. Thanks again. You’re always so helpful.
Thanks
Ellen