LH-20A1P wont boot!

vbimport

im having problems getting my lite-on LH-20A1P to boot my xp cd so i can format, Guessing its just my bios not detecting but it works when windows loads. Like today, I inserted the cd with windows up and it went thru the install process and rebooted. Then when trying to install the files it said it cant find my cd rom drive. I’ve had the problem since i bought the burner. BTW my MB is ABIT AG8-V. I used to could use my old burner for booting cds but now that one is at a friends and i need this one to boot for my reformats. Weird thing is though, my bios does read it when its booting up. I can clearly see it listed under IDE drives along with my hard drive.

bump plz help

I could see something like that happening with SATA, but not with PATA. Unless maybe you should try re-detecting the devices again. Did you try setting it to Disabled, then reboot, and re-enable? Try it a few times and see it BIOS detects it every time. That is a strange one. Did you ever figure it out?

[QUOTE=miracl3;2006445]im having problems getting my lite-on LH-20A1P to boot my xp cd so i can format, Guessing its just my bios not detecting but it works when windows loads. Like today, I inserted the cd with windows up and it went thru the install process and rebooted. Then when trying to install the files it said it cant find my cd rom drive. I’ve had the problem since i bought the burner. BTW my MB is ABIT AG8-V. I used to could use my old burner for booting cds but now that one is at a friends and i need this one to boot for my reformats. Weird thing is though, my bios does read it when its booting up. I can clearly see it listed under IDE drives along with my hard drive.[/QUOTE]

Go into bios and see what your boot sequence is.

OH, and of course it has to be the master drive on the end of the cable.