LH-20A1P poor quality DL burns

vbimport

Hi everyone,

I’ve been getting consistently poor quality burns on dual layer DL media. Since this is mainly what I use, it is a major problem for me. I don’t burn much, but when I do, I want it to be high quality and last a long time.

Please see the attachments. As you can see I have the latest firmware KLON for my drive. The example test is of the movie “300” and was burned at 4x speed, but I get similarly poor results with 2.4x speed. The test was run at maximum speed. I believe the DVD will play correctly for now. Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong? Is it the drive that’s bad?

[QUOTE=cart0181;2017557]Hi everyone,

I’ve been getting consistently poor quality burns on dual layer DL media. Since this is mainly what I use, it is a major problem for me. I don’t burn much, but when I do, I want it to be high quality and last a long time.

Please see the attachments. As you can see I have the latest firmware KLON for my drive. The example test is of the movie “300” and was burned at 4x speed, but I get similarly poor results with 2.4x speed. The test was run at maximum speed. I believe the DVD will play correctly for now. Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong? Is it the drive that’s bad?[/QUOTE]
Rescan it at 4x, double layer scans at max aren’t generally pretty. that said for a max scan I don’t think it looks too bad really.

Did you notice the spikes of 30 PIFs? I’ll post again @4x

Okay, I ran the test again @ 4x and got much better “looking” results. Of course it is still the same disk. I used to have an NEC ND-3550A drive that I always ran test scans at maximum and they turned out fine. I wonder why that was?

Okay, I ran it one more time at 8x speed. This time I got the spike at the beginning, which I’ve seen elsewhere on the forums, so I’m assuming I can disregard that? Other than that, it looks to be pretty decent. Barring physical abuse, can I expect this disk to play for years to come?

bump

[QUOTE=cart0181;2017631]Okay, I ran it one more time at 8x speed. This time I got the spike at the beginning, which I’ve seen elsewhere on the forums, so I’m assuming I can disregard that? Other than that, it looks to be pretty decent. Barring physical abuse, can I expect this disk to play for years to come?[/QUOTE]

Yes & good choice on media.  :iagree: