LH-20A1P Multiple Burn Query

Hi all,

I’m fairly n00b I guess when it comes to technical in’s & out’s…

I’ve been very happy with my LH-201AP Lite-On drive but have now needed to increase burning capacity so went to buy another identical one.

The 1st drive burns absolutely fine at 16x and even 20x on some of my blank media.

Installed the 2nd drive and using Nero for multiple burn I can get around 5.9x with both burners running.

I see the “Buffer Level” bars for each drive go up and down a bit during burning, mainly on the newest drive and on the original drive it says “read position” 17% (well… usually 17% but it does vary a little each burn).

Is everything ok??? Any advice on how to get better speeds?? Even 8x would be good!!

I’m using Ritek blank 16x media…

Drive 1: Lite-On LH-20A1P KL0A (flashed today from KL05)
Drive 2: Lite-On LH-20A1P KL0G (wouldnt allow flash to KL0A)
SysInfo: Pentium 4HT 3GHz, 1.5GB DDR2 RAM, 160GB SATA HDD

The Lite-On site now only lists the KL0A as latest firmware which was added to site on 28th June 2007 or something?!?!?!

Cheers guys!! :slight_smile:

Hi jumney1, welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

The latest official firmware is KL0N available here.

Are you burning the same thing to two drives or burning different things to the two drives?

If you’re burning the same thing to both drives, using the multiple-burner function in Nero Burning ROM will improve your burning performance.

If your two burners are sharing the same controller, the maximum simultaneous burning speed will be reduced, so if possible place the drives on separate controllers (if you know how).

It’s very difficult to get simultaneous burns at high speeds, but some people have managed to accomplish it by configuring their system optimally.

Just to add … :eek:

If I set the burn speed to 8x/12x/16x the buffer level bars fluctuate, 1 will stay at 98% whilst the other 1 drops to around 30% then vice-versa, but if I set it to 6x the buffer levels both stay steady at around 98%.

:frowning:

DrageMester …

Thanks for the informative reply :smiley:

Yes burning same image to both drives using Nero with “Use Multiple Burners” enabled.

I will try flashing so they are both at KL0N as I did hear that having the same firmware helps, I searched high and low for firmware so bit disappointed the the Lite-On site is out of date!!

I’ve only got the 1 IDE controller as I run SATA HDD so I guess that could be the main issue here, might have to try switching over to SATA writers seeing as they’re so cheap now!!

Thanks again :slight_smile: