LH-20A1L Audio CD burning issues

vbimport

Help me please! I’ve got weird things going on with audio CD burning!

First, general information:

• Software used was/is Nero 7 and 8 (same results)
  • latest 06 firmware
  • Verbatim CD-Rs
  • 48x burn speed, and have tried 1 at 32x (same results)
  • Newly built computer with all new components

The drive reads fine, and from what I can tell, burns data CDs fine (only have tried burning a couple so far). I have tried burning a total of five audio CDs and have had strange problems that I have not experienced with any other CD drive I’ve ever seen or used.

The behavior basically can be summed up by saying that CD players have much difficulty reading the tracks. I’ve tried my friend’s new Onkyo home stereo and my car’s CD player, which has always read burned CDs great when produced from my laptop (same media, too). The only platform it seems to read perfectly on is in the drive itself, which to me is no big surprise because it’s not a straight audio reader like the aforementioned players.

For example, when I put CDs in my car, it will take an extraordinarily long time for it to attempt to read the CD and then it MAY read the first track. Advancing it to the second track sometimes picks it up and will begin to play the CD. If I go to the previous first track, it may end up reading it, it may not.

With my friend’s CD player, I put a burned disc in, and it took 15-20 seconds vs. 5-7 seconds to read it. Then, it shows “99” tracks. I tried playing the first track, which it did successfully, then it showed the correct number of tracks on the CD of 14.

My C1 errors are good from what I’ve read (18 Max and .24 average), and no C2 errors. I’ve tested two discs and both seem to be good burns.

Is my drive bad? Is my motherboard on the fritz? Unlikely, but do I need another SATA cable? Am I losing my mind? :confused:

[QUOTE=nitesbane1;2070034]Help me please! I’ve got weird things going on with audio CD burning!

First, general information:

• Software used was/is Nero 7 and 8 (same results)
  • latest 06 firmware
  • Verbatim CD-Rs
  • 48x burn speed, and have tried 1 at 32x (same results)
  • Newly built computer with all new components

The drive reads fine, and from what I can tell, burns data CDs fine (only have tried burning a couple so far). I have tried burning a total of five audio CDs and have had strange problems that I have not experienced with any other CD drive I’ve ever seen or used.

The behavior basically can be summed up by saying that CD players have much difficulty reading the tracks. I’ve tried my friend’s new Onkyo home stereo and my car’s CD player, which has always read burned CDs great when produced from my laptop (same media, too). The only platform it seems to read perfectly on is in the drive itself, which to me is no big surprise because it’s not a straight audio reader like the aforementioned players.

For example, when I put CDs in my car, it will take an extraordinarily long time for it to attempt to read the CD and then it MAY read the first track. Advancing it to the second track sometimes picks it up and will begin to play the CD. If I go to the previous first track, it may end up reading it, it may not.

With my friend’s CD player, I put a burned disc in, and it took 15-20 seconds vs. 5-7 seconds to read it. Then, it shows “99” tracks. I tried playing the first track, which it did successfully, then it showed the correct number of tracks on the CD of 14.

My C1 errors are good from what I’ve read (18 Max and .24 average), and no C2 errors. I’ve tested two discs and both seem to be good burns.

Is my drive bad? Is my motherboard on the fritz? Unlikely, but do I need another SATA cable? Am I losing my mind? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Hi nitesbane1 and welcome on CdFreaks. :slight_smile:
It’s a know problem, please try this test firmware.

http://www.4shared.com/file/44032626/138ea1c2/BLV3WIN.html?dirPwdVerified=9d089d9d

If you want, take a look to this thread. :slight_smile:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/lite-20a1l-audio-cds-237685/

mognega,

I tried one CD and it seems to be working 100% better. I did scan that thread earlier (I always try to search before posting), and it was related, but I must have missed the link to that firmware since that thread is so long!

Maybe others having the same problem will find my thread and your post and have the quick answer now. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks!

[QUOTE=nitesbane1;2070229]mognega,

I tried one CD and it seems to be working 100% better. I did scan that thread earlier (I always try to search before posting), and it was related, but I must have missed the link to that firmware since that thread is so long!

Maybe others having the same problem will find my thread and your post and have the quick answer now. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I’m happy to see that you have resolved the problem. :slight_smile:

Isn’t BL06 more recent than BLV3?

I believe Liteon Dvd burners aren’t very good for cd burning, because the cd discs became with high jitter.
At least i stopped burning them on the Liteon, and just on the Samsung, and they work fine in any cd player.

[QUOTE=jleinenbach;2072919]Isn’t BL06 more recent than BLV3?[/QUOTE]

No. :slight_smile: