LH-20A1H - Supported write speeds?

vbimport

I just purchased and installed a LiteOn LH-20A1H drive. I also have a BENQ DW1640. I have been doing some burns with ImgBurn on Ridata single layer DVD+R media and am getting significantly slower write speeds on the LH-20A1H (6X) as compared to the BENQ (12X). The media is rated at 16X. The disc information screen in ImgBurn reports the following:

LiteOn: Supported Write Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 6x
Benq:   Supported Write Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 8x, 12x, 16x

I would appreciate any info as to why the write speed on the LiteOn is so much slower.

Thanks.

Update your Firmware. The newest Firmware is LL06 for your drive.

Did you use lightscribe? It seems if you use Lighscribe, the burner locks at 6x, until you restart the computer. Maybe the new firmware solves it.

Thanks, updating the firmware to LL06 solved the problem.

Hi All,

I have Liteon LH-20A1H firmware LL06 I used Nero burn test disc the maximum speed nero can see only 8X I used 16x DVD disc. Anybody know why let me know.

Best Regards,

Kevin

Download CD-DVD Speed. Check the disc info tab when the media is in the drive. What does it say the media is and the maximum supported speed?

Hi Ssseth,

Yes, I tried check disc information it still show write speed 8x only I used same disc checked with NEC 3550 it shows 16x I don’t know why it showed different. I have one more problem with Liteon LH-20A1H nero still don’t see lightscribe at nero info tool (hide icon).

Best Regards,

:sad:
Kevin

Same here, the LightScribe box in the Nero Info Tool is greyed out and unchecked. I cleaned the system from older Nero versions but that did not help. Anyway LightScribe labeling with Nero does work without a problem as it does with any other tool. Did you try to label a media? Of course the LS service should be installed.

What firmware version are you using and what type of media is it?

1.05, but that doesn’t help because I’m using another drive. Forgot to mention that. [LG GSA-H31L]