LH-20A1H Stopped working after 2 weeks

I fairly recently build a new system and installed a LiteOn LH-20A1H 20X DVD-Writer. It worked fine for about 2 weeks, but though i changed nothing, it ceased to get power / be detected by the system. I double checked all cables, everything is fine there, and nothing else is going wrong with the system. Any ideas?

Thanks

here are my specs in case they’re relevent:

EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX KO ACS³ Edition
550 Watt Ultra X-Connect (X2)
Razer Tarantula
Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Ultimate Gamer Case
Intel E6700
Asus P5B Premium Vista Edition
Mushkin HP2-6400 DDR2-800 2x1GB
X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS
LiteOn LH-20A1H 20X DVD-Writer
Western Digital Caviar (WD5000KS/AAKS)

Hook up a different molex plug to the burner and see if you have power to it.

Otherwise return it. Mine failed within about the same time.

how easy is it to return the product to lite-on? i live in toronto, would the cost for shipping etc. make it more worthwhile just to buy a new one?

Where’d you buy it from? Most stores should replace a failed drive for you if it failed 2 weeks after you bought it.

Canada Computers, and yes they would had it only been two weeks. But I just got a new job / have been very busy / all the other excuses for why i am a moron and so havent had a chance to take it back there and the instore warranty expired. bangs head against wall

2 weeks and expired what kinda electronics department is that? I have to admit I never seen any store do that to a customer in 2 weeks. And yes as stated by reptile most if not many would replace it with a new one. I have more to ask but I just keep it short.

You can always try going to the store and hoping for a kind manager to take pity on you.

Otherwise it looks like you can contact LiteOn here:
http://us.liteonit.com/us/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=70